Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 21st Jan 20:15 WES1 Kooventus

• 17-01-2014 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

OK, a minor blip last week.

This week we need to be out of that blip and ready for this unknown entity. They are 3rd in the league, so we need to be careful.

Ed -
    Cathal -
    Craig -
    Damo -
    Keith -
    Derek McD -
    Paddy -
    SteMcD -
    Ciaran -
    Darren -
    Luke C -
    Dave -
    Jules -
    Ste K -
    Derek McL -
    Kingsley -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

ill be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

In.

will be a tough game. considering these lads play us twice and they still have their 3 points gimme to "play", they will fancy their chances of winning the league.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big ass game tomorrow against these guys, we need 3 points

keaner and im assuming kings are also in

• Advertisement

Pissed off that I'm out for this :( . Looks like I might be out for another 3-4 weeks as I have an operation on my stomach I've been waiting on coming up and the leg is still pretty bad anyway. Hoping to get a games in before the end of the season. Best of luck lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ed - in
    Cathal - in
    Craig - inj
    Damo - in
    Keith - in
    Paddy - in

SteMcD - inj
    Ciaran - in
    Darren - in
    Dave - in
    Jules - in
    Ste K - in
    Derek McL - in
    Kingsley - in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Is Ciaran in or out, this team are good, they are a very fit young team, good forward line and midfield, honestly I would see these as the 2nd best team in the league I watched them play eyetweppers 2 weeks ago and they were very strong, people need to be in the mind set that this is another battle on the same lines as 123.

1-0 win, penalty last kick of the game.

That was a tough one, they made it hard for us.

great win i thought a draw would have been fair on both teams, i wasnt able to move around on account of my ankle being ****ed up by the defender ;/ ankles all ballooned out which is ****.
    anyway cheers jules for lettin us take the peno

• Advertisement

mrDerek wrote: »
    great win i thought a draw would have been fair on both teams, i wasnt able to move around on account of my ankle being ****ed up by the defender ;/ ankles all ballooned out which is ****.
    anyway cheers jules for lettin us take the peno

RICE RICE RICE please Derek.

Double figures now for the season, nice one on that. 5 games to go too, whatever else happens, I expect at least 15 goals :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

great win, not once in that game did i doubt we wouldnt get the goal, i could just feel it it was coming and i think we deserved it. sloppy at times, but our back 4 had its best display of the season which helped.

compounded by the other results its been a great night for us - 2nd, 3rd and 4th all lost.

onwards to next week, 3 points there and we are withing touching distance.

mrDerek wrote: »
    great win i thought a draw would have been fair on both teams

That wasn't quite the consensus on the sideline. I agree with you as it happens, but they created absolutely nothing in the final third, in truth Jules had a pretty comfortable game at left full, and Paddy and Cathal had solid enough games, without being really tested. Don't think Ed had a save to make.

They had a decent midfielder, the No. 21.

We started to panic a bit in the last 10 minutes, people started to look like they didn't want possession of the ball, and it encouraged them on a bit.

Definite penalty though.

RICE RICE RICE please Derek.

Double figures now for the season, nice one on that. 5 games to go too, whatever else happens, I expect at least 15 goals :)

ya dont half ask much of me gaffer

i think if i hit 15 it will be 15 in 12 games

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I thought the win rewarded the ambition to get the goal. While neither side looked like scoring, there was only one team taking a risk to score the goal.

I thought the other side, while being strong in their own half, offered very little going forward and anything they did try was snuffed out rather quickly. They certainly created nothing at all from open play. For all that their two tall centre-halves were prepared to slug it out at the back, not once did they go forward at a set-piece. They preferred to have three or four vs one at the back for corners and frees. Their no 21 ran the game and stopped Dave from playing behind the striker, but he controlled the game 5 yards outside his own penalty area, so they never got very far.

I wonder how they might treat a second game, it might be a very different game.

Great result lads, well done

Great result lads, well done

Yeah, that guy playing left full is really an improvement over the last guy.

:D

Yeah, that guy playing left full is really an improvement over the last guy.

:D

Wouldn't take much Des

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah a good performance, i think the belief was always there, yeah at times we got frantic but i think it was all because we were trying to get the goal.

As said they rarely threatened, we were worth the win.

Excellent final ball to set up the penalty too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

Once we got the lead we held on to it very well, they never looked like getting an equalizer.
    We should do that more often. :D

• Advertisement

Poxy oaf defenders ankles swollen and bruised :/

Ouch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

murtagh wrote: »
    Once we got the lead we held on to it very well, they never looked like getting an equalizer.
    We should do that more often. :D

Already twice this season:pac:

Advertisement