Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of visiting Texas, any recommendations?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm heading to the States in September with a couple of lads and we're going to try and stop off in a few cities while we're there. Texas is on our list of states to visit but I'm just wondering if anybody has any recommendations on which city to visit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

sburton002 wrote: »
    I'm heading to the States in September with a couple of lads and we're going to try and stop off in a few cities while we're there. Texas is on our list of states to visit but I'm just wondering if anybody has any recommendations on which city to visit?

Austin is a great city for music, food and nightlife. By far my favourite in Texas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We did a week in San Antonio and loved it. Did a day trip to Austin to visit the LBJ Library and have a quick look around and it's most definitely on the visit properly list.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Tangey99

Agreed for Austin, happening place at night for sure lots of live music. A group of lads should find it a great hang out spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Visit the Johnson Space centre on a weekend, the hotels in Heuston are dirt cheap at weekends because it's essentially an oil town which virtually closes down on Saturday & Sunday. Don't go wandering around the city at night on foot though, it's a town that's definitely not designed for pedestrians, unlike downtown Austin.

You'll need to rent a car if you're going to be travelling around Texas, public transport is very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Austin is about it for Texas.

You'd want to fly in and fly out though because its days drive out of way from anywhere else.

You're going to New Orleans right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Austin is about it for Texas.

You'd want to fly in and fly out though because its days drive out of way from anywhere else.

You're going to New Orleans right?

Are you kidding? San Antonio has the Alamo, amazing food and drink on the Riverwalk and is a really chilled city. Definitely worth a day or two at least.

Advertisement