Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DDP is coming to Ireland - March 2014

• 17-01-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Great news everyone, looks like their will be stops in Ireland for the DDP tour. He will be appearing in Cork at Cyprus avenue as confirmed on their facebook;
    Delighted to announce An Evening With Diamond Dallas Page on 10th March.
    Tickets onsale Monday with a limited number of VIP meet & greets available.
    Catch stories from one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all time, including tales from WWE, WCW, The Devils Rejects, right through to DDPYOGA and his recent work with Jake Roberts and Scott Hall.

And the eros comedy twitter says they are working on a Dublin date too but nothing confirmed yet!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

fingers crossed for Dublin! His enthusiasm is infectious! Would love to meet the man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hopefully a dublin date is added, Id like to see him myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This is not a bad thing. It's a good thing!!

Thanks to your avatar im imagining Slurms McKenzie saying that with a cheesy DDP style smile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gimmick wrote: »
    This is not a bad thing. It's a good thing!!

Good aul Gimmick - always living life at 90% :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Did somebody say...DUBLIN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Like the Diamond Cutter, I never saw it coming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

I say this will be brutal. DDP will basically flog his DDP Yoga DVD's for 90 mins straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Decobuzz wrote: »
    I say this will be brutal. DDP will basically flog his DDP Yoga DVD's for 90 mins straight.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaPkPH0G-TnevRm6jCEI-rnMmYe4NeNfvN-YTsyNBBAi-UnCFzhw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah I'd be worried it'll be "DDP YOGA" DDP and not "WCW Legend" DDP. If you catch my drift. Surely nigh on all the audience will be wrestling fans and couldn't care less about DDP Yoga.

I wonder why Cork was booked. Am I right in saying Foley's first irish standup gig was in Cyprus Avenue? It is great to see that there is (or seems to be) a market here that is inviting interest for these new Q&A roadshows.

Pray to god Eros haven't been completely put off by Dublin post Foley gig.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »

I hope not too. Cant blame them if they avoid Dublin though after the Foley show, a few fools have kind of ruined it for the rest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Decobuzz wrote: »

Very unlikely this will be "brutal". I think it will be a healthy mixture of his wrestling career stories and more current stuff involving him helping Jake Roberts and Scott Hall and the DDP yoga. Being a Q&A event, I think the flow of the night will be dictated by what questions he will be asked which will most probably be wrestling related.
    ShagNastii wrote: »

Theres absolutely nothing behind this notion about the Foley gig from 2 years ago putting them off as has been mentioned here on boards before. They have said on Twitter as I and hashtag heel mentioned above that they are in the process of sorting a Dublin date out. It doesn't make any sense that a promotion would avoid a city that hosted a bad gig one night. Proper staff should be chucking hecklers out. That was all down to bad organisation,not the city and the people in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I hope not too. Cant blame them if they avoid Dublin though after the Foley show, a few fools have kind of ruined it for the rest now.

Pardon the curiosity but what happened there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

P_1 wrote: »
    Pardon the curiosity but what happened there?
    Was there on the night and I know the chaps that were heckling.

In a nut shell, it was very poorly run by the venue. They kept changing their minds on if there was an intermission and if booze would be served, they kept announcing it then changing their minds, so it lead to a lot of sudden booze purchases and a even longer wait time for Mick.

When Mick came out, the 4 lads begun to heckle, but it was really stupid **** and, as someone who both ran a successful comedy club and did plenty of gigs myself, could have been easily prevented in two ways:

1) Mick being able to put them down instead of just being "Hey now, none of that" and engaging with them.

2) If the venue had security remove them.

But neither of things happened, Mick spent a massive amount of his set talking to them and security couldn't be seen anywhere. There was also a **** up for a gag with Mick where he has music played, but when he went to do it the sound box had no one in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I was there myself. The way I always describe it is:

-People waited 2+ hours for their meet and greet.
    - Two/three dodgy warm up acts came on.
    -They announce there'll be no drink at the intermission (mass exodus and heavy drinking by others)
    -Toward the end of the last warm up they announce there will be drink at the intermission (que more drinking)
    - Foley appears as Brodus Clay (Fedora, tracksuit, theme and dancers)
    -The now partially drunk audience confuse comedy with wrestling and try chants and heckling.
    -Foley brings up Vader and is met with "Vader's Ghey" and "That's what she said"
    -Foley cuts a promo on the audience and the morons. Pulls out his wallet and says that he doesn't need the money and if anyone wanted to act like that they could take their ticket money back and leave.
    -Short Q+A where he apologises for what happens earlier and says that it pains him to say that Dublin wasn't the best night for what happens and says that he might be back over soon.

Leaving never to be seen in Dublin again.

We have a thread for these type of shows haven't we. Maybe a merge is in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sad for Foley seeing as he made his WWE return at the house show in Dublin, would love to see DDP here anyone thinking of going down to Cork if there is no Dublin show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Sad for Foley seeing as he made his WWE return at the house show in Dublin, would love to see DDP here anyone thinking of going down to Cork if there is no Dublin show?
    It is a short enough spin for me from Limerick so I'm thinking of heading down. DDP is a probably my favourite WCW babyface from mid to late 90's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I've met DDP before he's a gent! Had me throw up half the diamond while he threw up the other half while holding his WCW World title.. Nice dude.

There's going to be no Dublin date for this according to the organizers so I guess get your tickets for Cork people! Hopefully a great turnout will prompt them to bring more of these tours over to this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Do they know Cork isn't in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

its barely in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Probably heading to this on Monday, I just pray it aint a DDP yoga seminar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

Well, did anyone make it to this, was it any good? Was meant to be going but I was dying after the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

An Audience with the Miz would be preferable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Well, did anyone make it to this, was it any good? Was meant to be going but I was dying after the weekend.

I was at it, very good crowd for a monday night at an event like this which suprised me,

First half very entertaining stories of how he broke in and good road stories also how he wanted to debut in WWE, (heard most before especially through austins podcast)

q&a was only like 3 questions, a question would be asked and he would turn it into a story which led to Yoga(which was ok, we expected it) he was on for like 2hrs 40mins

sales pitch for yoga thrown in too,

Actually enjoyed it, first time going to something like it, so good laugh would definately go to similar events.

I attended this also. Overall a very good show and well worth going. There was a nice sized crowd there meaning no excessive waiting times to meet him. The VIP ticket was very good value and of course DDP was a lot of fun to meet.
    First half of the show, was DDP talking about his life,several funny stories and things I did not know. If you read/listened to a lot of his interviews you would have been familiar with a couple of them but I didn't mind.
    The second half of the show was supposed to be a Q&A session. I would have loved if he answered a broad range of quick questions but there was only about three or four as he got carried away. Unfortunately the questions asked weren't very imaginative in my opinion and he just seemed to use some keywords people said and turn them into a 15 minute story which was a bit much to be fair. My biggest criticisms of the show were that having a meet & greet before the show is always bad,as it always runs over leaving others sitting on their hands waiting for the show but it wasn't long. Given the time of night this was on, it did run a little long I thought, was leaving at 12.30am or so but I cant complain about getting bang from my buck! Excellent photo, cool merchandise and entertaining show!

Advertisement