Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank's RedHot Sauce, before or after?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I got a bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce and I've got some chicken wings.
    I'm going to cook them tonight but I'm just wondering...do you cook the wings first and then coat them in the sauce?

Or do you coat them in the sauce and then cook them?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'd normally cook them first, then coat them in sauce, and then stick them back in the oven for a few minutes to heat up the sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

BDJW wrote: »
    I'd normally cook them first, then coat them in sauce, and then stick them back in the oven for a few minutes to heat up the sauce

Oh that sounds good, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

I Would cook them first then toss them to coat them in the sauce I think the sauce might burn.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Melt butter and add equal quantities of franks (or more franks if you like it quite spicy). If you don't like the strong vinegary taste from franks, boil the mix for a few minutes. Pour hot mix over cooked wings. No muss, no fuss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

put Franks on them before cooking, then cook about halfway, then put on more Franks. finish cooking and add more Franks.

Serve with a side of Franks.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

put Franks on them before cooking, then cook about halfway, then put on more Franks. finish cooking and add more Franks.

Serve with a side of Franks.

:D

That sounds Fraaaaank-tastic

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

When I did my wings last night I did them in the oven. 5 mins before they were due to be ready I popped a heat-proof bowl of butter, Tabasco & hot sauce in to the oven.

Hey presto! Wings & sauce all ready at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ooh it's a regular in our house at the weekends! I marinade the wings in Franks for a couple of hours and then oven bake, they come out beautifully and the sauce doesn't burn at all, just give them a good shake and have a chat with them halfway through cooking!

Advertisement