Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student work sponsor

Options
  • 17-01-2014 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi if someone was working in a healthcare setting as a care assistant and was interested in going to collage to do nursing but that person was financially tied down with a mortgage etc. is it possible the employer can sponsor them? What does this sponsorship entail?

Much needed info if anyone knows anything about this? Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

The HSE offer sponsorship for 10 (I think) healthcare assistants to study nursing each year. As far as I know it's broken down into the regions so for example, there might be two places in Dublin Mid-Leinster. It's awarded to those who get the highest points in the mature student apitude test. I think you have to be employed for two years before you can apply. They pay your salary for the duration of your degree and then you have to work as a nurse for them for 5 years afterwards I believe.

If you're employed in the private sector, then that would be something to speak to your HR department about and see if they would be willing to sponsor you.

Advertisement