Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund on GrabOne Deal Voucher Query?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Any boards advice if I am entitled to refund on Grabone voucher? I simply don't want it, and it was given to me as present and the person who gave it to me has not problem with me looking for refund on it...

Voucher states
    "No Refunds: As a consumer you may have rights under the Consumer Protection Act 2007. Except to the extent required under the Consumer Protection Act 2007 or any other law, or otherwise permitted under our "GrabOne Promise", no refunds will be given"

Website elaborates;
    "Can I return my GrabOne Coupon?
    Once you have purchased a deal you are committed to the transaction and your credit card will be charged immediately following confirmation of the deal. Except where we are required to under law or in relation to our GrabOne Promise, we do not give refunds or allow exchanges."

Any advice welcome! ;:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

No. You didn't buy it.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Even if you did buy it, as a change of mind, you have no right to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

Thanks for info.

How is this different to someone who got jumper with receipt for Christmas, bringing it back to shop for refund or credit note?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks for info.

How is this different to someone who got jumper with receipt for Christmas, bringing it back to shop for refund or credit note?
    Any refund is down to the shop policy or goodwill. They dont have to refund either.

Its different if the item is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

The voucher is probably transferable, so you might find somebody who is willing to use it and give you something for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In the case of a change of mind, it's exactly the same. If you simply don't want it, the shop / retailer is under no obligation to do anything. Many retailers do refund/exchange but that is a goodwill policy on their part.

Advertisement