Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring Dog - against Sheep

• 17-01-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering is there insurance out there that you know of for where you can insure your dog in case the killed sheep?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Most policies have third party cover...but if your dog e.g. got into a field and caused damage they're not technically under you control so the insurance company might see you as liable? Maybe call and ask them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭fits

That would fall under public liability ( I think). But would only apply if dog got out or away by accident. wouldnt cover a dog off leash I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭themarkmeister

My point really is that in the very unlikely event my dogs broke out and killed sheep while I was away - would be peace of mind knowing that I was covered

Normal dog insurance should cover that and traffic accidents etc. As well as vet fees. Call Allianz and see what they say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

fits wrote: »
    Normal dog insurance should cover that and traffic accidents etc. As well as vet fees. Call Allianz and see what they say
    But would not the insurance company nail you on the insecure compound (i.e. they escaped ergo it's insecure and your fault)?

• Advertisement

I think they would try to establish if reasonable attempts were made to prevent escape.

Advertisement