Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overcharged on bill by tv provider

Options
  • 17-01-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

who can i make a complaint too regards constant overbilling by my tv provider?i have been overcharged again for the 4th month in a row, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Is it anything more than an irritation? Do they take money under a DD or in some other way seriously inconvenience you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

shane. wrote: »
    who can i make a complaint too regards constant overbilling by my tv provider?i have been overcharged again for the 4th month in a row, thanks in advance

Your TV provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Did you try complaining to the company that overcharged you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

comreg shane

ComReg Contact Details

Comreg Postal Contact Details:

Commission for Communications Regulation,
    Block DEF,
    Abbey Court,
    Irish Life Centre,
    Lower Abbey Street,
    Dublin 1.
    Consumer contact Details:

Text - Send a text with the word COMREG to 51500 (standard SMS rates apply*).
    Web Chat - Live support web chat (Latest version of Java required)
    Email - Business Issues businessconsumers@comreg.ie
    All other Consumers issues consumerline@comreg.ie

Call Business Issues at 01 804 9707 / 1890 200035**
    All other Consumers issues 01 804 9668 / 1890 229668**

*The message will be charged at the standard text rate which is 7 cent – 14 cent depending on the operator. If you have any problems with the service please let us know at 01 804 9668 or 1890 229 668

- See more at: http://www.comreg.ie/contact_us/comreg_contact_details.141.contact.html#sthash.wz24dyHQ.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    comreg shane

You don't go to comreg first, you go to the company. Comreg will first ask you what steps the company took to resolve the matter when you informed them. If you didn't inform the company comreg will tell you to do that first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

every month i have informed the tv provider and they have amended the bill to the correct amount, i have also sent emails and last month i got them to post me a letter stating the correct amount, this month the billing amount is wrong again, the dd account i use is only for bills so if they try and take more than the correct amount i get charged so it is more than an inconvenience, looks like comreg is the next step

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

every month i have informed the tv provider and they have amended the bill to the correct amount, i have also sent emails and last month i got them to post me a letter stating the correct amount, this month the billing amount is wrong again, the dd account i use is only for bills so if they try and take more than the correct amount i get charged so it is more than an inconvenience, looks like comreg is the next step

There are extremely strict laws/guidelines around direct debits. Given that you can contacted the provider several times and their issues are costing you time and money you should look to complain to comreg and/or to IPSO. They are not allowed to take random amounts out of your bank account - they have to inform you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I had an issue with my TV supplier a number of years ago where their payments/billing office was all over the place.

When I faxed through a copy of my receipt for the third consecutive month, I also included a cover note advising a solicitor's letter would accompany the next, if any, incorrect invoice. I had a "cc Comreg" and a "cc Joe Bloggs, Solicitors" included in my covering note.

I never had a problem again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

You don't go to comreg first, you go to the company. Comreg will first ask you what steps the company took to resolve the matter when you informed them. If you didn't inform the company comreg will tell you to do that first.
    I had a quick check of other posts by shane, and thought that he had tried to resolve the problem with TV provider.
    Maybe i am mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    I had a quick check of other posts by shane, and thought that he had tried to resolve the problem with TV provider.
    Maybe i am mistaken?

Shane needs to provide us with all [any] information before we can help.
    My reading of this is that the next step is a formal letter of complaint via registered post. But who knows, maybe he did that already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

any dealings i have had with them have been over the phone and each month that i have called to rectify the wrong bill amount i have been told that the issue has been resolved, thats why last month i requested in writing my exact bill amount, so to have another incorrect bill this week has really annoyed me and thats why i was asking what my next step is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

any dealings i have had with them have been over the phone and each month that i have called to rectify the wrong bill amount i have been told that the issue has been resolved, thats why last month i requested in writing my exact bill amount, so to have another incorrect bill this week has really annoyed me and thats why i was asking what my next step is

I had similar with eircom. they insisted on direct debit, bill was over 4 months in a row, each time I was rang and was told it would be corrected but random figures wqere coming out. I was told it was a "mathematical error" but if it was a maths error how come it was always in their favour.

So got billing department on the phone, asked for the head of the departments name as I wanted to report him to the gardai for theft which in my eyes it was. I can let 1 or 2 bills go, not any more. Never got a wrong bill again and got taken off direct debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

i was asking what my next step is
    First thing is to stop calling and only deal with them in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP stop talking to these clowns on the phone because they are just ignoring you!

Write a formal complaint and send it to their head office, outline all the issues and what you have done so far to resolve the issues. tell them you will consider them to have cancelled the service without penalty to you if your next bill is incorrect and also tell them that you are stopping the direct debit mandate with immediate effect and then immediately cancel the direct debit with your bank(it is recommended to do this in branch!).

If any further payment is taken from your account by this company then you must demand that your bank immediately return the amount to your account as it is unauthorised.

If the next payment is correct you can pay it by online banking or in the post office or any other way except by direct debit! If it is incorrect then pay what you owe and write again to the company telling them that you consider the service cancelled due to their incompetence in dealing with your account and tell them you will not be paying any further bills. do not talk to them on the phone even if they ring using a private number!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oddly anytime I do write to upc I get a full and proper answer by email usually answering all my questions.... But I have had to proceeded to comedy anyway, the complaint was upheld, it was in relation to a transfer of address.

Advertisement