Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP Can you Reccomend me an E-Cig ?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi iv decided i want to kick the fags :)

Can someone recommend me n E-cig as i haven't a clue which one is most effective , best or value for money :)

Im currently smoking 15-20+ B&H a day :eek:

thanks

dave :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspirespin.htm

I think most will agree that this is the best starter kit, you should have almost everything you need to get you started there,

Get yourself a few replacement heads as well, they last about a week or tha way but you will want to replace them when you are changing juices.
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireheads.htm

Speaking of juices, the kit comes with 10mls of HOL juice, which is premium quality stuff. Have a look a the Wingnuts range and pick yourself up a few other juices to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

^ +1...what meolmrk91 said

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I'm really not comfortable recommending a starter kit like that to newbie vapers when some people have reported the heads / replacement heads have a small failure rate, which means you'll sometimes get one that's either basically dead, or under performing or doesn't last very long.

Usually the heads should last a week or so and they should give a very nice vape. However due to quality assurance issues (because they're made by hand in chinese factories and they're slightly complicated to make) there is a good failure rate to them.

For starters I would recommend a few Boge Low Resistance cartomisers. The failure rate on these is extremely low and issues with leaking / flooding / gurgling are pretty non existant.

Another option is the Kanger EVOD and the Kanger ProTank Mini. They're both basically the same thing, just look different and their heads /replacement heads have an extremely low failure rate.

In short I believe the Aspire clearomiser device is not as consistant or reliable as either a Kanger clearomiser or a Boge cartomiser.

I would advice people starting off to get at least one Kanger EVOD (as they're the cheaper than a ProTank Mini) and at least one Boge Low Resistance cartomiser. This way you can try the best of both worlds of clearomisers and cartomisers!! :D

Edit: You could get the Aspire starter kit and add a Kanger EVOD and a Boge cartomiser to your order. You can use the Aspire the EVOD and the Boge all on the same battery that comes with that starter kit so it will give you a good selection to play with to see what suits you the best / which one is the most reliable, powerful etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mickeyyy5000

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hi iv decided i want to kick the fags :)

Can someone recommend me n E-cig as i haven't a clue which one is most effective , best or value for money :)

Im currently smoking 15-20+ B&H a day :eek:

thanks

dave :)
    That's the best choice in my opinion. just need extra batery and you done
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/294-vision-crystal-mini-ego-starter-kit.html

I wouldn't call that a starter kit. In my opinion a starter kit should be easy to purchase and come with a sample pack of juices as well.

One battery and clearomiser and no spare battery and no spare clearomiser and no juice does not a starter kit make.

I appreciate your input but I respectfully and politely disagree :)

The one from e-smokeireland while it is more expensive has everything you'd need to get started (expensive wise think of how much smoking costs you in a week and realise this starter kit will last much much longer that that ultimately saving you money and your health/life, so expensive no, smart yes.)

Also I've found the after sales service from e-smoke ireland to be far far superior to the after sales service of the best shop to say the least. To elaborate The Best Shop have great pride in their business, they only sell things they really believe in, they have possibly the best selection and when ordering from them I'd usually get my stuff a couple of hours before my order from another vendor arrived in the same day. However e-smoke ireland if you have a problem with your order, something not arriving or something being faulty, will be more likely to sort you out and keep you happy where as you might find with The Best Shop they mucked me around and I ended up deciding to take my business elsewhere and share that poor experience with people on the internet. Stupid tactics in my opinion, always keep your customers happy, especially when they're right and especially when you later admit you were wrong, and especially when they've spent hundreds at your store and the thing in question might cost you a tenner at the most. In the end things were sorted out but only after a lot of arguing and tooing and frooing. Ain't no body got time for that. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I started using an eroll 2 weeks ago, it seemed the least scary way to start and I do kinda love it now. I bought it from thebestshop.EU and bought the sample packs from ezsmoke.

I am still new to this but the kit is so simple to use, its a similar size to a normal CIG too.

A friend of mine bought the e-roll and he really likes it, reckons it's great for starters.

There is a shop on called Ecirette Megastore in 70 Gardiner street lower. They sell the e-roll for 60 Euro. You could go in and check it out in person before buying it.

You can order over the phone and pay with the card, Ecirette Megastore Ph: 018533894 and they give free delivery. The Best Shop is a little bit cheaper but with the free delivery it's basically the same and the owner Alex from Ecirette has one of the best customer service (before and after sales) in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Wouldn't the Innokin AIO be better than the eRoll since it takes standard 510 cartos, easier to fill and more capacity than the little tanks on an eRoll?

EGriff wrote: »
    Wouldn't the Innokin AIO be better than the eRoll since it takes standard 510 cartos, easier to fill and more capacity than the little tanks on an eRoll?

I would agree with you on this if it were me and I wanted to get something as similar to a cigarette as possible, I'd be getting the Innokin AIO for the fact it can take standard 35mm cartomisers including my favourite Boge Low Resistance cartos.

The great thing about both the eroll and the innokin aio is they both feature a charging packet, where when you put the ecig into the packet it charges it, as these small cigalike batteries have woeful battery life without a charging packet. That's why the vape pens (eGo batteries) are much more popular than cigalikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I'm really not comfortable recommending a starter kit like that to newbie vapers when some people have reported the heads / replacement heads have a small failure rate, which means you'll sometimes get one that's either basically dead, or under performing or doesn't last very long.

Usually the heads should last a week or so and they should give a very nice vape. However due to quality assurance issues (because they're made by hand in chinese factories and they're slightly complicated to make) there is a good failure rate to them.

For starters I would recommend a few Boge Low Resistance cartomisers. The failure rate on these is extremely low and issues with leaking / flooding / gurgling are pretty non existant.

Another option is the Kanger EVOD and the Kanger ProTank Mini. They're both basically the same thing, just look different and their heads /replacement heads have an extremely low failure rate.

In short I believe the Aspire clearomiser device is not as consistant or reliable as either a Kanger clearomiser or a Boge cartomiser.

I would advice people starting off to get at least one Kanger EVOD (as they're the cheaper than a ProTank Mini) and at least one Boge Low Resistance cartomiser. This way you can try the best of both worlds of clearomisers and cartomisers!! :D

Edit: You could get the Aspire starter kit and add a Kanger EVOD and a Boge cartomiser to your order. You can use the Aspire the EVOD and the Boge all on the same battery that comes with that starter kit so it will give you a good selection to play with to see what suits you the best / which one is the most reliable, powerful etc.

I have been using the Aspire for well over a month now if not two and I have been lucky enough not to have any issues with the heads. There have been plenty of complaints though from others of DOA's etc. it's such a pity because it really is simplist system going with a decent vape. I started out on the Kanger T2 caused me such bother that I nearly ended up quitting. Sticky Icky recommended LR boge's, I bought an AGR and haven't looked back since. There are loads of different systems out there! I personally wish that the Aspire stuff had been around then that's why I recommended it, but sticky is right, it would do no harm to have some back up stuff, plus you get to try everything and see what works best for you.

• Advertisement

when meoklmrk91 says about him buying an AGR that's basically a tank you put a Boge LR (low resistance) cartomiser inside which is great. This is called a cartomiser tank or a carto tank for short. There are many types of carto tanks but I wouldn't recommend using a carto tank right away. I would just go for the cartomisers first, learn how to use those, get to grips with them and then if you like them move onto getting a carto tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I have to agree with the advise on using carto's. They seem robust enough and don't really leak, unlike clearomizers. The clearo's are the usual choice for starting but given the problems they can have I would avoid them. Some juices don't vape so well in them, the coils can burn out quickly with thicker juices too.

Advertisement