Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New site in gracedieu

Options
  • 17-01-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Was just wondering dose anyone know what's going In new site gracedieu ??? There just clearing the site at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

jokser250 wrote: »
    Was just wondering dose anyone know what's going In new site gracedieu ??? There just clearing the site at the moment

Gaelscoil I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

7upfree wrote: »
    Gaelscoil I think.
    plus new Library

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

educate together is also going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

It's the Educate Together School and the Gaelscoil with a communal library etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Whereabouts is this site? Anywhere near the current Gaelscoil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

araic88 wrote: »
    Whereabouts is this site? Anywhere near the current Gaelscoil?

Not far, just a further bt up the road toward Genzyme. It's going to be on a better, wider stretch of road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

They would want to think about getting some shops and stuff that way too .. lots of housing up their now and not 1 shop for the people ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

jo06555 wrote: »
    They would want to think about getting some shops and stuff that way too .. lots of housing up their now and not 1 shop for the people ...

The original plan for that road was great, mini-mart, coffee shop, internet cafe, chipper, etc. Recession put a stop to all that I'm afraid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Who is "they"? The council doesn't open and run shops. If a business person sees a market there, they will open one.

If you reckon there's a market that nobody else is serving, why don't you open a shop up there yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

fricatus wrote: »
    Who is "they"? The council doesn't open and run shops. If a business person sees a market there, they will open one.

If you reckon there's a market that nobody else is serving, why don't you open a shop up there yourself?

There was definitely talks about facilitating a new town which was to be built up there. Schools, shopping centre, housing etc. DLS and Roanmore GAA clubs developed facilities up there as well expecting to have communities form around them.

I suppose the city council will have a role in urban planning and that's where their involvement would have come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

Area was called the North West Suburbs, and there was a specific area development plan created for it. The city council put in infrastructure like roads and water (all there), facilitated ducting for telecommunications (All done and in place) and facilitated the under grounding of the overhead lines. Oh, and they built 2 housing estates. But all the rest, the shops etc was developer lead and then 2007 happened.

invalid wrote: »
    Area was called the North West Suburbs, and there was a specific area development plan created for it. The city council put in infrastructure like roads and water (all there), facilitated ducting for telecommunications (All done and in place) and facilitated the under grounding of the overhead lines. Oh, and they built 2 housing estates. But all the rest, the shops etc was developer lead and then 2007 happened.

I thought the shop units were in place though? Isn't/wasn't there a chipper there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I thought the shop units were in place though? Isn't/wasn't there a chipper there?

Changed to a chinese or indian now
    And the other units are empty, no one wants them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Yeah, it's a half hour walk for me to the nearest shop :( haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Whence did Gracedieu get its name? How is it pronounced in Waterfordese?

feargale wrote: »

Grace-jew :P

Ericaa wrote: »

Hehe, yes... or else Grey Stew :D

Hehe, yes... or else Grey Stew :D

Ahahah that's even more accurate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

It was Henry the VIII's biggest ship, that is the origin afaik, also a priory in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JaneDoe111

McDonalds will probably open up beside the school as they are going to do in tramore beside the new mega school....planners should be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

JaneDoe111 wrote: »
    McDonalds will probably open up beside the school as they are going to do in tramore beside the new mega school....planners should be shot.

Yep, that's the solution to planning issues, murder. Glad you cleared that up.
    Moron.

Instead of showing stupidity like that, why don't you actually look at the plans for gracedieu.

What are you talking about? There is no McDonalds opening up in tramore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

I was always surprised that people were willing to put up with the wlr mast in their back garden putting out kilowatts of power.

i would'nt buy a house or build a school there.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

ei9go wrote: »
    I was always surprised that people were willing to put up with the wlr mast in their back garden putting out kilowatts of power.

But the radio signal is fantastic.

But really, whats the mast doing to us, tell me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The radio mast was there a long time before the houses.
    So who has the problem?
    What is the problem with a radio mast anyway?? do tell and please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Ericaa wrote: »

Not Grass Dew then?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

wellboytoo wrote: »
    The radio mast was there a long time before the houses.
    So who has the problem?
    What is the problem with a radio mast anyway?? do tell and please

From what i know about radio waves, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-ionizing_radiation

They are less damaging then sunlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Not this sh!t again.

Maybe they know how the inverse-square law applies to electromagnetic radiation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Does anyone know the name of the hill where the WLR mast is in gracedieu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

marlin vs wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the hill where the WLR mast is in gracedieu?

Gracedieu hill.

Advertisement