Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask 1 question get 3 answers

Options
  • 17-01-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Why can I never get a straight answer from Eircom? My broadband has been really slow recently, I tried to ring up but got an automated message saying "fault in your area blah blah blah". After no sign of improvement I spoke to an agent via online chat and he said "ignore that message, just reset your modem and it should be fine", I doubted this but did it and surprise surprise nothing changed.
    I got through to tech support last night and was made jump through various hoops to test it until the woman asked me to plug in an ethernet cable. I didn't have one to hand so once I found it I rang back, got a different tech support person who then told me all about the faults with the undersea cable, there was nothing he could do etc. 
    Why make me go through all that rigmarole? Absolutely bloody useless company

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

robocode wrote: »
    Why can I never get a straight answer from Eircom? My broadband has been really slow recently, I tried to ring up but got an automated message saying "fault in your area blah blah blah". After no sign of improvement I spoke to an agent via online chat and he said "ignore that message, just reset your modem and it should be fine", I doubted this but did it and surprise surprise nothing changed.
    I got through to tech support last night and was made jump through various hoops to test it until the woman asked me to plug in an ethernet cable. I didn't have one to hand so once I found it I rang back, got a different tech support person who then told me all about the faults with the undersea cable, there was nothing he could do etc. 
    Why make me go through all that rigmarole? Absolutely bloody useless company

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi robocode

Sorry to hear this, I can appreciate this would be very frustrating.Feel free to PM me your number and I'll run a few tests however if the issues is only recently I suggest you check out this link for more information on your issues: http://bit.ly/1j7pRP9

Thanks

Al[/font]

Advertisement