Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a mortgage.

Options
  • 17-01-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

When applying for a mortgage do you need to have 10% saved in a specific savings account or could the same amount do in your current account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

doesn't matter that its in your current account just that you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Thanks for the quick answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

On the application form they'll ask for a list of all your savings (and debts!) with account numbers etc. Hope the house hunt goes/went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

I'm in same situation but I have another account with money I saved that the other half doesn't know about. Do I have to declare this account.? We have deposit already saved. Will this show up on any credit checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

You might want to bring that up in a more suitable forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1174

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I think your problems run deeper than the banks finding out about this other account to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

D3PO wrote: »
    I think your problems run deeper than the banks finding out about this other account to be honest.

Why? Its my money. Can the banks fids this account?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why? Its my money. Can the banks fids this account?
    It'll still be your money. Doesn't matter who knows about it. I now know you have a secret stash, and I'm not buying a house with you.

I'd expect honesty in this situation. I'd also display it. Maybe try the forum suggested above before entering into the purchase?

;)

Advertisement