Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to quote a single post

Options
  • 17-01-2014 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    how do you quote a single post when linking to a thread rather than linking to the whole page the post is on ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

returnNull wrote: »
    Hi,
    how do you quote a single post when linking to a thread rather than linking to the whole page the post is on ?

Click on the thread post number (yours in this thread is #1) in the top right corner of a post and it will open in a new window. Cut and paste that url into your post and when people click on that it will open up in a new window as a single post, like so.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88514177&postcount=1

I presume this is what you were talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

yeah thats exactly what I meant,cheers 5starpool

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The other option is to copy the link from the upper right-hand corner of the post you want to quote. For example, if you click the "3" in the upper right-hand corner where it says "#3", you will be taken to the individual post in question.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

<whisper>
    Is that not the same thing as 5starpool suggested?
    </whisper>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

The other option is to copy the link from the upper right-hand corner of the post you want to quote.
    Correct.
    For example, if you click the "3" in the upper right-hand corner where it says "#3", you will be taken to the individual post in question.
    I think you strayed a bit: right-click on the post number, and select "Copy link address" from the drop-down menu. You can then paste that address into your own post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

I'll go with the first reply! you're just confusing me now:pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Dades wrote: »
    <whisper>
    Is that not the same thing as 5starpool suggested?
    </whisper>
    Feck it anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Right-click the post# in the top right and most browsers will have 'copy url' or 'copy link address' in the box that appears. :)

Advertisement