Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to spend night in Maynooth

• 17-01-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Dear all,

I'm having problems with accommodation and need to spend several nights on the street in Maynooth, between 24:00 and 6:00 I need to be somewhere. My thought is to have 2-3 places and to spend few hours in one and to move in another one also for few hours so the night will be passed.

Tesco is open all night, what other places without wind and cold do you know? Thank you for any advice.

Sophie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Happened to me once. There's McDonald's and Tesco, but McDonald's has seats and WiFi.

Eh, before that, just go to the Welfare Officer in the SU and tell him your situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Dear all,

I'm having problems with accommodation and need to spend several nights on the street in Maynooth, between 24:00 and 6:00 I need to be somewhere. My thought is to have 2-3 places and to spend few hours in one and to move in another one also for few hours so the night will be passed.

Tesco is open all night, what other places without wind and cold do you know? Thank you for any advice.

Sophie.

Agree with Banquo, talk to the welfare officer. Tesco is not open all night - it closes at 12. McDonalds is open all night, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UCFecon10

Maynooth conference accommodation is pretty cheap. Things must be desperate if your best option is taking to the streets? Do you have a friend in the area who can put you up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Also Tesco isn't 24hrs anymore , closes at 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Tesco isn't open 24 hours anymore, too much trouble with drunk students :p. Regardless, you wouldn't want to be in a shopping centre for 6 hours, it gets really boring.

See if any of your friends will let you stay. Otherwise, maybe get accommodation on the south campus.

The night life is great in Maynooth, you won't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

Sophie pm me on this if your still stuck, can give you a few addresses of friendly faces and a few addresses of houses that are empty.
    Had a few mates in the same situation last semester!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

OP hasn't been online since last month, hope they're ok,

I am currently staying on campus long term myself in St. Pats, rooms are ok, lack of toilet and shower in the room sucks, sometimes the rooms can be booked out too like last night, I stayed in hotel upstairs in Fibber McGees in Dublin city centre, has anyone ever heard of a student long term homeless, for me it's since November last year now, has had a terrible impact on my studies to the extent that I am very close to flunking out, both my departments have moved mountains to help me but it is just becoming too much.

Advertisement