Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is airplay so bad?

• 17-01-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I recently bought an apple tv and I've found that airplay is useless. When I try to mirror my MPB desktop to the apple tv, the picture jumps erratically and the sound to some extent does as well. Has anybody had any luck with airplay working consistently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I've never had a problem with airplay with my iPhone 5, iPad Mini with Retina Display, iMac and Macbook Air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

No problems here either. Try resetting the Apple TV? And starting again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thelonious wrote: »
    I recently bought an apple tv and I've found that airplay is useless. When I try to mirror my MPB desktop to the apple tv, the picture jumps erratically and the sound to some extent does as well. Has anybody had any luck with airplay working consistently?

No problems ... sounds like your router doesn't like Airplay. What make is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I've never had a problem with airplay with my iPhone 5, iPad Mini with Retina Display, iMac and Macbook Air.

Show off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Show off :D

I love the added detail of the ipad mini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I love the added detail of the ipad mini.

iPad mini with retina display is twice the iPad of the iPad mini 1st gen. I added it to avoid confusion.

I did forget to add my iPad 3 (ashamed, but it still AirPlays with no issue) and the other half's iPad mini with retina display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

iPad mini with retina display is twice the iPad of the iPad mini 1st gen. I added it to avoid confusion.

I did forget to add my iPad 3 (ashamed, but it still AirPlays with no issue) and the other half's iPad mini with retina display.

Ha. Even more detail. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

No problems with ios devices.
    Issue once with airplay from a Mac mini, no sound, had to go to the command line and restart the audio service.
    Usually works fine though, never seen any jumpiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Absolutely love Airplay. Never, like so many others above, had the slightest problem with it.

Currently using it to beam and to listen to, the sound from a Linn Sondek LP12 turntable not just to the main HiFi but, on demand, to five Airport Express and two Apple TV around the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Its the router! Had this issue myself using Sky and eircom routers, and both did exactly that.

Bought a Airport Express and problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

Also had a similar issue with Sky router, got a S/H Airport Extreme on Ebay and switched off wireless service on Sky router. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

eircom/netopia router?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

eircom/netopia router?

It's the UPC horizons router/tv box. Which is just ****e in so many other respects. Thank all for the suggestions and advice, I will be looking to get a better router in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I always remark on how brilliant Airplay is. Never have problems with it. It's just a pity that Sky Go or 4OD doesn't allow it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Thelonious wrote: »
    It's the UPC horizons router/tv box. Which is just ****e in so many other respects. Thank all for the suggestions and advice, I will be looking to get a better router in.

I haven't heard one good thing about them. Wifi not even strong enough to pickup outside the room the box is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

I have a couple of Apple TVs at home and have no problem with Airplay on any device.

In the office we have it in the boardroom and likewise no issues, but at home and in the office it is working off Airport Extreme base stations and I reckon the wifi access point that you are using could be contributing to the issue

Advertisement