Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to keep efibre but cancel evision

Options
  • 17-01-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So we signed up to efibre and evision. Despite being told that we would get both together the efibre arrived well over a month before evision was installed. At no stage were we informed that we would lose a good 30mbs off of our internet speed. It only takes 3mbs to stream - where are ye getting 20mbs automatically and then a good 5-9mbs when the tv is on? 

I've gone from being able to stream youtube videos/netflix etc., no problem to the other night when I couldn't even stream a LQ radio station. We were advised that Evision is an "upgrade/add on service" but no mention that ye were basically taking away what was very good efibre speeds. We are paying for both - not either/or.

We want out of evision but to keep efibre. What are our options? Can we drop the evision and be moved off your "stable line" and back onto the decent broadband connection?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Hi,

So we signed up to efibre and evision. Despite being told that we would get both together the efibre arrived well over a month before evision was installed. At no stage were we informed that we would lose a good 30mbs off of our internet speed. It only takes 3mbs to stream - where are ye getting 20mbs automatically and then a good 5-9mbs when the tv is on? 

I've gone from being able to stream youtube videos/netflix etc., no problem to the other night when I couldn't even stream a LQ radio station. We were advised that Evision is an "upgrade/add on service" but no mention that ye were basically taking away what was very good efibre speeds. We are paying for both - not either/or.

We want out of evision but to keep efibre. What are our options? Can we drop the evision and be moved off your "stable line" and back onto the decent broadband connection?

Thanks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Maire2009

I'm very sorry to hear this, I can understand your feelings towards this and evision can reduce your speeds. You are more than welcome to request the cancellation of your evision and keep your efibre. If you cancel evision your efibre broadband speeds will go back to what they were before evision was installed.

To request the cancelation of efibre please contact cancellations on free phone 1901 (enter your landline number when requested by the automatic voice) and chose option 4 then 3 when prompted[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif].[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Maire2009

I'm very sorry to hear this, I can understand your feelings towards this and evision can reduce your speeds. You are more than welcome to request the cancellation of your evision and keep your efibre. If you cancel evision your efibre broadband speeds will go back to what they were before evision was installed.

To request the cancelation of efibre please contact cancellations on free phone 1901 (enter your landline number when requested by the automatic voice) and chose option 4 then 3 when prompted

Thanks

Al
    Thanks for the quick reply Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Maire2009

To request the cancelation of efibre please contact cancellations on free phone 1901 (enter your landline number when requested by the automatic voice) and chose option 4 then 3 when prompted

Thanks

Al
    Thanks for the quick reply Alan
    No worries Maire2009

Thanks

Al

Advertisement