Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much have you spent on vape gear?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

I see a lot of posts on FB groups (and indeed on here) about people with Provaris and Atmomixani mods.
    That sh1t is expensive!
    I bought a Kmax and a Sigelei but all the rest of my stuff is from China so I don't spend much on gear anymore.

I reckon I've spent about a hundred and fifty euro or so on vape gear, including the good old ego starter kit.
    Consumables, like juice, heads, wire, wick, I don't include.

So come on, spill, how much have you spent since you started?
    I'm vaping 9 months now btw.

I have spent how much on vape gear ?? 17 votes

0-€50
    0% 0 votes
    €50-€100
    17% 3 votes
    €100-€150
    23% 4 votes
    €150-€200
    29% 5 votes
    €200-€250
    11% 2 votes
    €250-€300
    17% 3 votes
    €300-€400
    0% 0 votes
    €400+
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I've been vaping almost two years now so probably over the grand mark at this stage because I kept feeling I wasn't getting enough. No idea. Stopped using the vapemate app once it started depressing the shit out of me.

At least the Nemesis clones are incredibly cheap and perform amazingly, vapers have an abundance of choice nowadays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

All in i reckon 500 or so.With clones it can be done dirt cheap now.Never got the fascination of paying for the likes of the pro-vari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

In seven months I've spent €500 ish. But I was spending €150 per month on smoking.

I've got the rebuilding of kanger heads with cotton off to a fine art and have all the hardware I need, so it should now be about €35 a month on juice and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'd say I've spent a little over €150 since May not including juice. I've got 5 ego batteries of various sizes (2 twists came with my starter kit). I've binned a lot of clearos but they're very cheap.

My most used devices are dripper that cost €7 and a €3 spool of kanthal. There's probably enough kanthal to last me a few years.

Even counting juice at a maximum of €10 a week I've saved an absolute fortune compared to the old B+H.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I've spent way more than I'd ever admit...

I wish the nemesis clone was available when I started. I bought a GP Paps 2.1 for over €100 not long ago (which the button has since broken on me and would cost about €50 for a new button or €15 for a part to fix the current button). For that price I could have got 5 nemesis clones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Spent about €100 on a few Ego's at the beginning and two iTaste VV's more recently. Not including consumables in that. Tried a few clearo's in my time but always went back to Kanger T2's. Eventually found a flavour that still had something of a palatable base flavour even when my tastebuds desensitised. ie. Luckily found a cheap device/flavour combo and didn't end up chasing the perfect vape and ending up with a cupboard full of devices and bottles of juice.

My stats are in my sig.

17 months of my previous 40 cig a day habit = €9520

17 months of Ecigs (Hardware-€100 + Consumables-€100 + Juice-€510) = €710

I have saved a metric Fcuktonne of money. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Hard to estimate with any accuracy.

At a guess probably 800ish on hardware. Heaven knows on juice.

Almost a year off the smokes now so I wouldn't care if it was double that estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

EGriff wrote: »
    I'd say I've spent a little over €150 since May not including juice. I've got 5 ego batteries of various sizes (2 twists came with my starter kit). I've binned a lot of clearos but they're very cheap.

My most used devices are dripper that cost €7 and a €3 spool of kanthal. There's probably enough kanthal to last me a few years.

Even counting juice at a maximum of €10 a week I've saved an absolute fortune compared to the old B+H.

I've spent about the same, maybe a little more and now use a dripper all day everyday......only other thing I am going to get is a mech mod that will take 18650 batts and a decent tank from when I am driving long distance.

Probably spent way too much on a dripper as I can see designs that are much cheaper and would work just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Hard to guess what I've spend but my current setup is around 240. At the start I went for the cheaper options but found it was costing more in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

colly10 wrote: »
    Hard to guess what I've spend but my current setup is around 240. At the start I went for the cheaper options but found it was costing more in the end.

I'm curious, what kind of setup for 240 couldn't be gotten for 100 or less ?

• Advertisement

Depends if you're willing to compromise dude. I would much rather buy once than buy cheap and buy twice.

yeah but seriously, what is the 240 setup?

I mean, it may be great an all, and I'm not saying it's not, but 240 for one setup seems.....well.....excessive to me.

I'd personally prefer 2 or 3 kits for that kind of money, but that's personal preference.

So go on, pics :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Roller, Kick2, Kayfun, battery judging from his most recent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Pique wrote: »
    I'm curious, what kind of setup for 240 couldn't be gotten for 100 or less ?

Roller - every single part can be replaced down to the ball bearing in the switch and I can replace with more conductive or harder wearing parts. It uses a pole screw rather that the setup seen on most vv mods (the pole connector has gone on all mine)

Kafun Lite - wouldn't consider anything else, it's a great atomiser great vape and my coils are lasting months.

Evolv Kick 2 - I've had 3 sigelli clones and the quality is mixed, 1 died, 1 is flaky and the pole spring on one makes a poor connection. The kick 2 isn't perfect either, the battery cut off voltage is too high

Generally the quality of vaping gear is poor so I'm willing to pay more to get better reliability and a more consistent vape

The Kayfun is fantastic. Pure pure quality. No clearomiser or clone yoke can compare. Sometimes you do get what you pay for colly is right. I find the vape from the Kayfun is fantastic.

I have my Kayfun on a Nemesis clone which I'm very happy with, it's a perfect combo. As colly10 says with the high quality stuff you can get replacement parts and tear them down and fix them (if it ever breaks you don't have to toss it out like the cheap stuff out there).

I'm not saying you have to spend lots of money on vape gear and I'm not saying the high quality stuff is worth the over priced points they retail at. But there is a difference and generally the high quality stuff you buy will be the stuff that lasts you the longest.

You can get a cheap ass clone of the Kayfun for less than 20 I think or you can buy a really good HCigar (I think) clone for about 50 or the original for about 80 (all inc shipping.)

You could get a Nemesis clone instead of a roller for about 22. Still you need a battery a charger, wick, wire, juice.

So yes you can get a similar setup for 100 but people are having problems with their cheap Kayfun clones where as the original is pure pure quality quality quality.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've spent quite a bit on vaping, but it has morphed in to something more than a hobby for me, a lifestyle would sound more like it! :)

According to my vapemate app, i've saved over 12k since i stopped smoking 2 years ago, not to say i have that money in the bank or anything...but i'm not going around chasing my bills and waiting for payday to come around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

StickyIcky wrote: »
    The Kayfun is fantastic. Pure pure quality. No clearomiser or clone yoke can compare. Sometimes you do get what you pay for colly is right. I find the vape from the Kayfun is fantastic.

I have my Kayfun on a Nemesis clone which I'm very happy with, it's a perfect combo. As colly10 says with the high quality stuff you can get replacement parts and tear them down and fix them (if it ever breaks you don't have to toss it out like the cheap stuff out there).

I'm not saying you have to spend lots of money on vape gear and I'm not saying the high quality stuff is worth the over priced points they retail at. But there is a difference and generally the high quality stuff you buy will be the stuff that lasts you the longest.

You can get a cheap ass clone of the Kayfun for less than 20 I think or you can buy a really good HCigar (I think) clone for about 50 or the original for about 80 (all inc shipping.)

You could get a Nemesis clone instead of a roller for about 22. Still you need a battery a charger, wick, wire, juice.

So yes you can get a similar setup for 100 but people are having problems with their cheap Kayfun clones where as the original is pure pure quality quality quality.

Thats fair enough if you can't do or are too lazy to do basic modifications or can afford to pay up to 10 times for the original. I guarantee you a properly set up decent 1:1 clone will perform no better or worse than the original.
    I agree materials might not be on a par, lower grade ss etc. but by the time issues arise with this the product will be obsolete.
    I have bought original products also and found them not to be perfect.
    Some clones are not worth a sh!te but some are pure gems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Just blew €120 on my first venture into mods on http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/

Ego C batteries & Aspire BDC set-up just isn't doing it for me anymore, once I overcame my fear of 'mods', I went buck wild...onwards & upwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

What did ya buy Monsta?

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Thats fair enough if you can't do or are too lazy to do basic modifications or can afford to pay up to 10 times for the original. I guarantee you a properly set up decent 1:1 clone will perform no better or worse than the original.
    I agree materials might not be on a par, lower grade ss etc. but by the time issues arise with this the product will be obsolete.
    I have bought original products also and found them not to be perfect.
    Some clones are not worth a sh!te but some are pure gems.

Totally agree esp with the last sentence. Disagree with the "by the time issues arise with this the product will be obsolete" statement thought. Reason being I bought two original "Killers" second hand. I liked them and I also bought a killer clone. I use a pliers to tighten the killer so the ohm don't fluxuate which is one of it's niggly little problems but not and issue if you tighten it really really well. So I was doing this about the third time to the clone and the body bent. The SS body was much thinner and crappier than the original. The original I could probably jump on it and it would be fine. But like you said the clone wasn't worth ****e. So I agree and disagree. I do agree with you that a true 1:1 clone will perform as well as the original. Hence why I'd probably be pretty happy to by a Kayfun Lite clone as long as it' was made by HCigar or someone. I want another KFL but I really don't want to spend another 80 euro on one if I don't have too! :)

• Advertisement

Maybe we should have a 'What's the best clones worth buying?' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

The thread would be full of Nemesis recommendations. And rightly so, its a cracking mod, clone or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

The thread would be full of Nemesis recommendations. And rightly so, its a cracking mod, clone or otherwise.
    So much so it is on my next to buy list....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Probably between 200€ and 250€,... Anyway for me money was never the issue, I said it b4, 'I gladly would have thrown 9€ a day into the bin if I knew I'd never smoke again' eh well for the first year anyway...... And I'm sure I speak for all fellow VAPERS when I say, 'whatever we have spent so far- has been worth every penny':)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Invisible Pink Unicorn

Gosh, I think it is was about 500+ for a 'Volcano Vaporizer' back in the day, when I used to smoke tobacco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

What did ya buy Monsta?
    Sigelei Kick, Sigelei 20 version 3, Kanger Aerotank airflow control BDCC clearomizer + 5 x coils, Sysmax Nitecore i2 Charger & 2 x AW 18490/18500 IMR high drain batteries.

Advertisement