Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U / Nintendo general news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Greyfox wrote: »
    I'd love to own it now with Super mario 3D world and NMB Wii u and Luigi wiiu but €300 is too much, I'll wait for the price to drop

€179 in some of the PC World shops that have it in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    New Nintendo direct for tomorrow. Lets see what they show.

Mario Kart release date anyway I'd say

May 2/4/6th I reckon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I want to see some more of X but I doubt we will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Might be a new game announced apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Metroid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I want to see some more of X but I doubt we will.
    If it weren't for the fact they were looking for 'planners' (designers) recently I'd be holding out hope for it. But yeah, don't really expect it to be honest. Maybe Bayonetta 2. Or who knows, maybe they will actually do that port of the first one for Wii U too, and that might be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

From the Ninty site:
    Nintendo Direct is coming soon! Join us for this global presentation focusing on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS software launching by the end of spring. Check back here on Thursday, February 13th at 10 p.m. (UK time) to watch the broadcast live!

So probably more MK8 details, more Tropical Freeze vids and possibly more details on SmashU/3DS.

I dont think we will be seeing any shock announcements from them till E3 time. Hope to be wrong, I wanna know what is coming to my WiiU after 3 months from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

tok9 wrote: »
    I would argue the stupidest idea was putting it in with the console in the first place.

It is actually great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

macker33 wrote: »
    It is actually great

Whether it's great or not I personally can't say but it's not being used in any particularly inventive ways.

As for the Direct.. I'll be interested. Announce a Metroid and I'll be very interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

tok9 wrote: »
    As for the Direct.. I'll be interested. Announce a Metroid and I'll be very interested.

I doubt anything will be heard about metroid for a long time but mario kart is coming out soon so i'm happy.
    Even when the tablets just used as an inventory or map its ok, you be suprised how quickly you get used to it, In fact thats probably all i want it for, the last thing the world needs now is another gaming gimmick(apart from the oculus rift) because gimmicks arent fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

macker33 wrote: »
    the last thing the world needs now is another gaming gimmick(apart from the oculus rift) because gimmicks arent fun.
    You can't disclude what suits you.
    After already discluding oculus rift.. You are saying gimmicks ARE fun.. :confused:
    Nintendo's previous 'Gimmick' was very succesful and was copied by Microsoft and Sony and has multifarious consoles as a result.

Without knowing what possibly could be the gimmick, I think that statement is ridiculous.

Its nice to hear about what's coming in the next 3 months but surely a reveal for a game coming out towards the end of the year/start of 2015 would get a lot more people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm hoping for some screens for F-Zelda : Termina Velocity, they're long overdue. I'm starting to think that game is just a tantalizing rumour....

re: Macker's statement, I'd qualify it by saying that the world doesn't need another gaming gimic that's shoe-horned into every game on the platform regardless of it's suitability. Motion controls are great when used appropriately - witness Punch-Out, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4 and call me a heretic but Mario Kart Wii. Creating Gamepad moments for the sake of using the gamepad does more harm than good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently we are getting a new game announcement, might be 3DS though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd like it to be pokemon, or the majoras mask remake we're all dying for :3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Apparently we are getting a new game announcement, might be 3DS though.

Really hope your wrong and its a Wii U announcement instead.

Wii U could do with a big announcement where as the 3DS is ticking away nicely for Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Some development on their proposed reward schemes mentioned in the meeting minutes that were circulated a couple of weeks ago would be interesting, especially if they are looking to reward early adopters again.

An apology for Pokemon Rumble U is overdue.

Maybe AE Games are going to be revealed as a 2nd party subsidiary of Nintendo working on a massively multiplayer RPG shooter called, I dunno, Field of Battle, that's going to finally put the WiiU on the big-league online gaming table. Or we could wait till tomorrow to find out that they are a sham perpetrated by some 13 year old sack of dripping playing his PS4 through the XBone's HDMI-in, who'd be wetting himself over the hilarity he'd caused if he weren't wearing a gamer catheter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There have been some great advances in catheters though, less leakage.
    Poop still needs an adult nappy though.
    Sorry if I burst any bubbles there.

Not much shown for wiiu on the direct but what was shown looks incredible. X is just Xenoblade with music by the guy that did the guilty crown soundtrack. Sold. Bayonetta 2, NES remix 2, mario kart 8, donkey kong and smash bros look superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Any dates for any of them?

Can't remember exact dates but all of them are for sometime in 2014 except x which still has no date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mario Kart 8 is out on May 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Child of Light - April 30 on eShop
    Donkey Kong - Feb 21
    NES Remix 2 - April 25
    Gameboy Advance games from April (Metroid Fusion!)
    Mario Kart 8 - May 30
    Bayonetta 2 - "later this year"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, had some time, so watched Nintendo direct.

How much rubbish...
    So 8bit, so doge. Such wow.
    At this stage all of the games ninty showed looked like same platformer, but with franchise skin.

Monster hunter 4, nothing new said. Same stupid ****y 2015 release date.

X... After that gameplay video I lost a good chunk of interest in it. I was looking forward to it, but it looks like a meh mmorpg. Mechs did not felt cool or epic at all. Looked more like limited time use ultimate ability.

Bayonetta 2 looked really cool and fun. I would not mind playing that at all.

Now I am ready for Nintendo fanboys to tell me that I have no taste in gaming. If what, this Nintendo direct pushed me off from getting wii u and give another hug to my 3ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Very boring Direct. Bay2 looks much more interesting. MK8, meh, and was looking forward to it before, was expecting Link, not bowserz kids. Nes remix 2, bring me SNES or n64 remix.

Gba, having a laugh!

Jaysus. Might sell my WiiU :(

If you had played Xenoblade you'd be excited by X. It might look like a crappy mmo battle system but its anything but. The battle system in that game is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Those complaining about the direct, we were told what would be in it - updates on Spring Releases. I was quite happy with it, Donkey Kong has me completely hooked from the trailer they showed, X looks very interesting, hopefully the world in the game is as interesting as it visually looks.

It's the same thing after most Directs, people wanting huge announcements. Considering the timing of the direct and actually been told what was on it, it was never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Well, had some time, so watched Nintendo direct.

How much rubbish...
    So 8bit, so doge. Such wow.
    At this stage all of the games ninty showed looked like same platformer, but with franchise skin.

Monster hunter 4, nothing new said. Same stupid ****y 2015 release date.

X... After that gameplay video I lost a good chunk of interest in it. I was looking forward to it, but it looks like a meh mmorpg. Mechs did not felt cool or epic at all. Looked more like limited time use ultimate ability.

Bayonetta 2 looked really cool and fun. I would not mind playing that at all.

Now I am ready for Nintendo fanboys to tell me that I have no taste in gaming. If what, this Nintendo direct pushed me off from getting wii u and give another hug to my 3ds.

Taste in games and everything is subjective so I never really understand the "Rubbish" comment. However, I am going to ask you qualify your comment.

What genre's do you like and don't like?

I love platformers- timing and precision. Donkey Kong Country Returns, Rayman Origins and Legends, and New Super Mario Bros Wii are my favourite recent ones. I would never say those games are the best of all time they're just my personal favs.

• Advertisement

Who are the directs aimed at?

Will it make the WiiU owners excited? To an extent I'd say yes.. you get a look at the games coming out soon.

Does it make the potential customers excited? Not really.. at least not for me. All I know is Donkey Kong and MK are coming out over the next 3 months and then Bayonetta sometime this year. No idea on X.

What's annoying for me is I already know all about these games. What's worrying is that there wasn't any announcement of any other upcoming games.

Advertisement