Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U / Nintendo general news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

2smiggy wrote: »
    i know my answer is probably in the thread , but it is very long and i have not being following it. is the wii u worth buying ? i see it on amazon with mario kart 8 for £230. i do enjoy mario games, and zelda of course

I'm not really a Nintendo fan, the last time I really played one was the SNES, but I picked up a Wii U a few months ago when it was on sale and I haven't regretted it. I've picked up ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros U, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mass Effect 3, Wii Party U, Nintendoland and Wonderful 101. With those games alone I feel it has been worth buying and Mario Kart 8 is now probably my most anticipated game of 2014. I had even played Mass Effect 3 before but find it far better on the Wii U using the Gamepad to issue squad commands. The backwards compatibility is a real bonus as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

4Dlolz wrote: »
    The problem is that the kids (including my childhood) that initially remember Mario have all grown up now. I am big, hairy and my balls have dropped. What the F entertainment would an individual such as myself get from following a plumber across some cartoon land to rescue princess 702345234 now?!

When I was ten I was playing Mario. The kids these days are playing Call of Duty. The world has changed but Nintendo have failed to move with the times and they're paying for it.

The Wii U is a mickey mouse console from a specification standpoint and yet they're charging 300 quid for it along with a game. FECK THAT! That's in the same ballpark as PS4/XB1. What on earth would a consumer be doing making a purchase such as that?!

Nintendo need to seriously take a look at themselves and re-evaluate their business going forward.

Yeah its so Obsurd for nintendo to think mario still sells and making a console affordable with a game is so wrong , shame on them

Shame to think mario kart for the wii sold over 20 million copies
    Shame to think mario sold over 10 million copies on 3ds and nearly 3 million on wii u.

Shame for nintendo making games for peoples fav franchises that have the legacy still and still met with top critical acclaim and sells better than most if not all sony and ms exclusives.

Also i am so happy xbox one (500) and ps4 (400) price point and offering no games with it , such a great deal. No backwards compatbility , my past controllers and accesories dont work and I happily pay for the last of us for ps4 thats barely a year old and offers nothing

Thanks sony and ms and nintendo , you are a bunch of jerks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The problem is that the kids (including my childhood) that initially remember Mario have all grown up now. I am big, hairy and my balls have dropped. What the F entertainment would an individual such as myself get from following a plumber across some cartoon land to rescue princess 702345234 now?!

When I was ten I was playing Mario. The kids these days are playing Call of Duty. The world has changed but Nintendo have failed to move with the times and they're paying for it.

The Wii U is a mickey mouse console from a specification standpoint and yet they're charging 300 quid for it along with a game. FECK THAT! That's in the same ballpark as PS4/XB1. What on earth would a consumer be doing making a purchase such as that?!

Nintendo need to seriously take a look at themselves and re-evaluate their business going forward.

I have to say your post is at least straight to the point but all the things you say are about you.
    It's your opinion.
    It's based on your taste in games.
    Your mistake is assuming everyone has your taste in games and see's Nintendo software in that light.
    And I'm being kind.

Really though,
    Your just plain wrong.
    Nintendo are making plenty of money on the 3DS and the colossal games market there.
    Games consoles are, historically, expensive pieces of kit.
    There's a price punters expect to pay and while you may consider €300 a lot compared to the PS4 or XB1, it's a full 25% cheaper than those and, with a little bit of looking, you'll find the WiiU and a game for closer to €230.

So, please spare us your opinions, at least the other people on here who have opposing points of view are capable of a cogent argument, and with a better command of english

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

You clearly need to re-evaluate your business going forward. I got a WiiU with Nintendoland, ZombiU, Sonic Racer, Super Mario 3D World, and Zelda Windwaker for just under €300.

And I have Call of Duty for it too. It's grand. I've played it once or twice, but it's not in the same ball park as the game with the plumber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, please spare us your opinions, at least the other people on here who have opposing points of view are capable of a cogent argument, and with a better command of english

This is a discussion forum ffs. :pac:

All you get are opinions.

"Cogent arguments"? "Better command of English"? These are cliche terms. Strange that a mod would use them. Even more so given the fact that your post comes off less coherent than you suggest mine does....

If Nintendo are losing money, they're losing money. All you get on these sites are opinions. I can't even fathom why anyone would consider otherwise?!
    Your just plain wrong.

Honestly like.....my English. Now I've heard it all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Emotional aspects shouldn't be brought into this. This is a purely financial decision. How would their brands be lowered anymore than they are now? Is Nintendo gaining a bigger market share now than they had in the past or are they selling less now? If they're selling less now that means the brand is already in decline and all that's left to do is play the waiting game.

What have publishers got to do with this? Who publishes Nintendos products now? What would change if they started developing for Xbox/Playstation/PC and mobile devices?! Nothing.

I understand people have feelings towards Nintendo. We look towards them like we look at Disney. But this train is not stopping. The proof is in the pudding. They'll never come back. This is cut-throat business.

There's no emotion being brought into it I was talking from a financial standpoint. You are way over simplifying things with you suggestions. First Nintendo aren't selling less now. Their software is still making great sales and the software numbers on wiiu are very impressive. They are losing money on licensing fees from third parties.

Which brings me to point 2. Nintendo now publishes its own games. If they went third party it would mean they would need to pay a license to the hardware manufacturer which would eat into profits.

Thirdly going third party would cheapen their ip and lesson their value.

There's plenty of other reasons to consider but I'll put it simply. It's far more beneficial financially for Nintendo to have control over their platforms than to go third party. Third party license fees are a huge well of income and going third party means losing that forever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's no emotion being brought into it I was talking from a financial standpoint. You are way over simplifying things with you suggestions. First Nintendo aren't selling less now. Their software is still making great sales and the software numbers on wiiu are very impressive. They are losing money on licensing fees from third parties.

Which brings me to point 2. Nintendo now publishes its own games. If they went third party it would mean they would need to pay a license to the hardware manufacturer which would eat into profits.

Thirdly going third party would cheapen their ip and lesson their value.

There's plenty of other reasons to consider but I'll put it simply. It's far more beneficial financially for Nintendo to have control over their platforms than to go third party. Third party license fees are a huge well of income and going third party means losing that forever.

We'll have to wait and see where this takes them.

I'm still awaiting the banhammer for holding an opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saying Nintendo ip and franchises aren't relevant anymore is absolute nonsense. They are bigger than they have ever been. They still sell crazy amounts of merchandise and software, especially on 3ds. Not everyone plays 'adult' games (that are in fact utterly childish). Nsmb on the wii was one of the biggest selling games of the last generation as were plenty of Nintendo ip and franchises. I see kids now with mario and pokemon branded goods everywhere now, something you didn't see before the release of the DS.

Nintendo's biggest fault is getting the wiiu out there and noticed by the market because their franchises still have the potential to sell gangbusters. However when nobody even knows what a wiiu is then you have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

robotchicken_s02e18_mario_gun.jpg

nah-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

• Advertisement

Nintendo are now joining the disney infinity and skylanders market with figures , this will boost profits , I cannot see it failing with the characters they have though I think disney infinity is about to ****ing go on fire with there release of marvel figures.

Secondly anyone to suggest mario kart wont move systems is naive , they have said they will be doing a year marketing afterwards then it wont be long before smash brothers comes again and that will move systems.

They are embracing tournaments and evo this time around and while they may not seem like a big deal it shows this time around that nintendo are giving support to players and that only brightens and shows there logo.

E3 is the biggy and I cannot see nintendo not show something thats worth enticing more people to buy they system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

But this train is not stopping. The proof is in the pudding. They'll never come back. This is cut-throat business.

This is ridiculous. There is no proof, just conjecture. A few rainy days doesn't mean the world is ending.
    RoyalCelt wrote: »
    ANdi t's hard to debate it on here because most replies are from big nintendo fans.
    Little do the hardcore Nintendo fans on here know they're sowing their own demise by failing to let go....

Just going to say this again for the sake of these ad-hominem defenses

"I'm not a huge fan of Nintendo. Haven't played the Wii in ages, haven't played the DS in longer. No plans to buy a 3DS. If Nintendo decided to release their games on competing consoles and PC it would really suit me better."
    RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I can see them going 3rd party. They'd be making a hell of a lot more money right now if they were.

Unless you are an accountant for Nintendo or one of the other major publishers, you have really zero idea how much money they would make compared to how they do now.

It sounds like you don't know many kids. Call of Duty and Mario aren't mutually exclusive and when New Super Mario Bros Wii sells 25+ million on just one console (about equal to the biggest ever COD game on all consoles combined) it's kind of hard to see your point.

Argos are selling the Wii U 32GB version with Nintendoland for €225. This isn't a special offer either. You'd have to be really bad with numbers to think that's the same ballpark as €400 or €500 for a console without games that needs a €60 annual subscription to use most of its features.

Everyone's an expert on finance on here. Nintendo know far more about their own business and accounts than you or I, to think otherwise is just arrogant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is a discussion forum ffs. :pac:

All you get are opinions.

"Cogent arguments"? "Better command of English"? These are cliche terms. Strange that a mod would use them. Even more so given the fact that your post comes off less coherent than you suggest mine does....

If Nintendo are losing money, they're losing money. All you get on these sites are opinions. I can't even fathom why anyone would consider otherwise?!

Honestly like.....my English. Now I've heard it all.

Nice bit of selective quoting there.
    And dodging the point of my post as well.

I have no problem with anyone holding or expressing an opinion.
    It'd be nice if they chose to base it on something a little more solid than private specualtion.

As said already, Nintendo are sitting on a pile of cash reserves, I'm sure they can figure this out without such advice as "get out now, your games are irrelevant" as you seem to have pulled out of thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Kids still play nintendo stuff? Of course they do, any parent that is letting a kid play CoD should be ashamed and I doubt most kids are looking to play those 'adult' games.
    Now teenagers is a different story, a lot of those likely are playing over 18 mature games, as it's cool.
    Honestly how anyone can refer to CoD as an adult game is beyond me, it's an adult game like Commando is an adult movie.
    And what's wrong with wanting to play a mario game if your an adult? I play games that are fun, challenging and engaging and most Nintendo and Mario titles manage at least two if not three of those criteria.
    CoD, Gears of War and other such mature titles that aren't available on (CoD is I know) are usually a shallow experience once the initial fun wears off and the games are not challenging. They hold no worth or replayability.
    Nintendo stuff tends to be the reverse of that.
    The WiiU is lacking in variety at the moment, not really lacking in mature titles and variety will be tackled over the next two years which brings the WiiU into only it's forth year. Way too early even then to call it a flop or for Nintendo to abandon hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Why are people complaining that there's a lot of so called 'pro' Nintendo fans defending it? If we referred to people who disagree as 'anti' Nintendo, people would get uppity about it. Some people just have a different opinion, using fanboyism as an argument is a cheap way to do it.

Extremes, all some people can do is talk of extremes.
    Nintendo must go third party.
    All WiiU consoles are owned by Nintendo fans therefore no non Nintendo fans want the machine.
    No grown man wants to play Mario games.
    Nintendo aren't relevant anymore.
    Nintendo never innovate.
    Nintendo don't know how to make good games anymore.
    Real grownup gamers play PS4 and XB1.
    Nintendo are losing so much money they'll never recover.

These are just some of the utter nonsense being spouted by some of the recent posters here.
    What a load of cobblers.

I am not even a That much of a nintendo fan but the amount of things people say about them is crazy at times.

The rehashing of mario and zelda is the most frequent brought up though zelda games usually release once every 5 years on consoles and mario 3d games mainly appear once per console.

Only mario game that is milked is mario party series and new super mario bros series.

And dont fool yourselves into thinking you dont play games that companies keep bringing out

Uncharted had 3 games in the space of 4 years , 4 if you include the cita game.
    Assassin creed had 7 games and two more on the horizon.
    Call of duty is still beaten to death yet people still buy it.
    Grand theft auto has had 2 games and 2 dlc expansion packs.
    There has been 4 dead space games
    5 battlefield games if you include the download title 1943 i think it was called.

All this in one console generation.

So this non sense about nintendo always rehashes the same game needs to stop, it has no merit and just makes you a hypOcrite as you,myself and everyone else buy games that are brought out rapidly

Hell my fav game series metal gear has had mgs4, peace walker, acid 1 and 2 and ground zeroes in one console generation for ps3 and psp.

Soul series has had 3 games
    And yakuza has had 3 games

There is no logic into saying they should stop making mario and zelda , in a world where publishers and developer are being closed and let go why would anyone stop making games that sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

*Short version at the last line before the PS*

When I see the argument about Nintendo being for kids all I can think of is this quote from CS Lewis
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up

I play games to have fun. Isn't that the whole idea of "playing" and "games"? I don't care about console wars. I have a PS3 as well because I wanted to play games like Infamous and Uncharted. The whole idea of a console having exclusives like that is to help sell the system.
    I have seen the argument here about "I shouldn't have to buy another system when I want to play third party games". Yet how many people using this argument (I know not everyone) have no trouble buying both PS4 and XBox One.

I'd say if people worried more about what they want to play instead of what other people expect them to play. Imagine if you didn't watch a Pixar movie because it's a cartoon and it's for kids. That would be your loss. Cartoons are just another medium for telling a story. True, there are ones aimed at kids, but same with live action.

At this point this discussion is just recycling the same arguments over and over. Nintendo do make great games. True, they're not all about finding the most violent way to kill your enemy, but why would they when there are loads of games out there that do that.

The one thing I may have mentioned earlier in this thread is about people complaining about "another Mario game". Nintendo have said they come up with a game idea first then if one of their characters fit the game they'll use them. So all the games aren't the same. They're just using familiar characters to help sell the game. Like do you think Luigi's Mansion would've sold as well(I don't know the figures, but I think it did well enough) with a brand new character as it did with Luigi?

I like Nintendo, I like Playstation. As for XBox, personally I don't see enough on there I would like to justify buying one, but I know people do like them so fair enough.

I don't want to see any console fail, because imagine if there was only 1 console on the market. They would know they have no competition so mightn't bother doing anything to improve themselves.

And I purposely left PC out of this since I know that's a whole different machine. I'm not just trying to annoy the Master Race. :)

So, in short, Why can't we all just get along? :)

PS - I tried to have some structure to that, but it got lost along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The argument about Nintendo rehashing their franchises is one that annoys me. Just because it has the name Mario in the title, doesn't mean it is like any other game with his name in the title. You have Mario platformers (2d and 3d), Mario RPGs (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi), Mario Sports titles, Mario Kart, Mario Party (okay this series is boring), puzzle games (Mario Vs DK, Dr Mario), Luigi's Mansion. All very different types of games. Nintendo think it is better to use a well known character for different styles and for new ideas as they feel that will help it reach a bigger audience.

Next you have people saying there are two many Mario platformers. The only ones that are a little samey and stale is the New Super Mario Bros series and that still has only had one game per console. Anyway, if you've played New Super Mario Bros U you will see what a high quality game it is. Then you have the 3D platformers, where there are more differences and fresh ideas between two worlds of Mario Galaxy then there are between Call of Duty games (I'm saying this as someone who plays some of the Call of Duty games).

Mario Kart: OMG they're upto Mario Kart 8 now, have they no other ideas. Yes a whole 8 Mario Karts since 1992, 8 in 22 years wow. Then the same people are eagerly anticipating Call of Duty 11, 11 games since 2003. Assassin's Creed is going to have its 8th and 9th games released this year and that is not even including the DS games and the PSP one.

I remember reading earlier if Sony's main games were still Spyro and Crash Bandicoot they wouldn't play them. Firstly, those two characters are owned by Activision. If Sony (or Microsoft) had a character anywhere near as popular as Mario they would milk him constantly. So many Uncharted games in a short space of time, look at how they pushed Sackboy so much.

I'm too old for playing Nintendo games: I'm 31, I love playing extremely violent games and have been playing them a long time (ah the first time I shot off a limb in Soldier of Fortune, memories or further back "mein leben"). I also mainly identify as a PC gamer while owning a 360, PS3 and PS4, as well as the Nintendo stuff. However, if anyone ever asks me my favourite computer games - Mario(platformers) and Zelda are always the answer. Not playing them because they are colourful or accessible to others is denying yourself some of the most polished and fun games there are. It is like refusing to watch Pixar films because they're animation and not "grown up".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I agree with the above posters that Nintendo are really no worse than anyone else when it comes to milking stuff (or indeed a lot better). The Mario franchise is used heavily but most of it is sports spin-offs and the like where they just wanted a familiar face on the box. I really didn't care much for New Super Mario Bros Wii but the 3D platformers in the series that I've played (namely Sunshine and both Galaxies) have been absolutely excellent.

That being said, I do still wish Nintendo would come up with some more new game ideas. Last generation the only thing they introduced was the incredibly casual "Wii [X]" series of games. I dusted off the Wii there yesterday to play Smash Bros with a friend and seeing the characters it occurred to me how incredibly creative they once were, especially after spending a while with the inferior PS All-Stars.

Mario: a small fat man with a distinct outfit and moustache fighting turtle-like monsters in a mushroom-themed world
    Zelda: a boy dropped into a strange world with no instructions or help who has to find his way through various dungeons, levelling up with unique items along the way
    Star Fox: a bunch of woodland creatures flying through space to defeat an evil scientist
    F-Zero: incredibly high-speed hovercar racing with an assortment of unusual characters
    Pikmin: command a small group of multi-coloured vegetables on a cheerful post-apocalyptic earth to find and rebuild a spaceship to send an alien back home
    Pokemon: as a young boy you collect and level up fantastic animals and fight them against others'
    Donkey Kong: A gorilla and his monkey nephew fight crocodiles and collect bananas in the jungle
    Kirby: An anthropomorphic pink blob who can float and consume the abilities of his enemies riding around on stars to fight a large penguin with a hammer.
    Animal Crossing: You're a new resident in a village. You have to take care of it, fish, catch bugs and collect fossils to keep your town in good condition.
    Metroid: As a female bounty hunter in space with a futuristic suit, you have to reclaim your home planet from a swarm of flying jellyfish

The problem is that all of these are at least 10 years old, most of them are closer to 20. The original ideas were made in very limited times and are mostly being re-done. I would love to see what they could come up with now. More to the point, these games stand out as a breath of fresh air in a world where it seems like almost every AAA game is some variation on a tough guy with a gun where most of the gameplay is just killing lots of baddies. Don't get me wrong, some of my favourite games are like this but it does lose its pizazz over time.

• Advertisement

C14N wrote: »
    I agree with the above posters that Nintendo are really no worse than anyone else when it comes to milking stuff (or indeed a lot better). The Mario franchise is used heavily but most of it is sports spin-offs and the like where they just wanted a familiar face on the box. I really didn't care much for New Super Mario Bros Wii but the 3D platformers in the series that I've played (namely Sunshine and both Galaxies) have been absolutely excellent.

That being said, I do still wish Nintendo would come up with some more new game ideas. Last generation the only thing they introduced was the incredibly casual "Wii [X]" series of games. I dusted off the Wii there yesterday to play Smash Bros with a friend and seeing the characters it occurred to me how incredibly creative they once were, especially after spending a while with the inferior PS All-Stars.

Mario: a small fat man with a distinct outfit and moustache fighting turtle-like monsters in a mushroom-themed world
    Zelda: a boy dropped into a strange world with no instructions or help who has to find his way through various dungeons, levelling up with unique items along the way
    Star Fox: a bunch of woodland creatures flying through space to defeat an evil scientist
    F-Zero: incredibly high-speed hovercar racing with an assortment of unusual characters
    Pikmin: command a small group of multi-coloured vegetables on a cheerful post-apocalyptic earth to find and rebuild a spaceship to send an alien back home
    Pokemon: as a young boy you collect and level up fantastic animals and fight them against others'
    Donkey Kong: A gorilla and his monkey nephew fight crocodiles and collect bananas in the jungle
    Kirby: An anthropomorphic pink blob who can float and consume the abilities of his enemies riding around on stars to fight a large penguin with a hammer.
    Animal Crossing: You're a new resident in a village. You have to take care of it, fish, catch bugs and collect fossils to keep your town in good condition.
    Metroid: As a female bounty hunter in space with a futuristic suit, you have to reclaim your home planet from a swarm of flying jellyfish

The problem is that all of these are at least 10 years old, most of them are closer to 20. The original ideas were made in very limited times and are mostly being re-done. I would love to see what they could come up with now. More to the point, these games stand out as a breath of fresh air in a world where it seems like almost every AAA game is some variation on a tough guy with a gun where most of the gameplay is just killing lots of baddies. Don't get me wrong, some of my favourite games are like this but it does lose its pizazz over time.

well to be fair nintendo do do new games but they are mostly download titles like pullblox and that rhythm game made by the pokemon creators. we also have the new tomadachi collection coming in june which shows alot of creativity and wacky fun.

wii series although its a very mixed reaction towards last gen with the wii had some interesting ideas whether it was wii resort, sports, music or fit series the series blew up sales wise for Nintendo.

Nintendo might keep reusing the same characters but they've worked hard building up a plethora or well loved and known characters over the years which they are slowly adding to. I don't really see what is wrong with them using these characters as long as the underlying games are good. It's not like they are hateful or anything, there's a good reason they are well loved. The people with the problems with them I feel are the kind of immature people that think liking so called adult games is cool or mature. People grow out of that, I still remember my mortal Kombat and ****ty anime phase.

Playing that Sony all stars game highlighted just how much Nintendo are ahead in that regard. Where smash bros has so many characters to choose from most only appear as cameos Sony's game really struggles for recognisable characters with most of the cast made up by generic action men.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But as we said, they do come up with new ideas. Just they apply existing characters.
    Out of all their characters, what genre have they not got covered?
    Platformer - Mario, DK, etc
    FPS, TPS - Metroid
    Action Adventure - Zelda
    RPG - Fire Emblem, pokemon
    RTS - Pikmin
    Shooter - Starfox, Sin & Punishment
    Racer - Mario Kart, F Zero

They even have a submarine game in Steel Diver. :)

A new IP is expected this year at E3, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Bizarrely, this thread is really making me want to get a WiiU or 3DS. I haven't really played Nintendo since the 64, bar the odd drunk game on the Wii.

Miyamoto is apparently back supervising all wiiu internal development. Must be desperate when they bring him back. I'd say he's working on some new weird stuff.

Bizarrely, this thread is really making me want to get a WiiU or 3DS. I haven't really played Nintendo since the 64, bar the odd drunk game on the Wii.

Well the 3ds is pretty much the best console around at the moment in terms of library.

The wiiu I'd recommend as a second console. It's far better at the moment than the ps4 or one but you'll find releases slow on the system for the foreseeable future.

I'm all a quiver with anticipation for the release of Mario Kart 8 and whatever goodness awaits at and around the E3.
    I have a feeling it may result in the purchase of my second next gen system... after the WiiU of course!
    Come on Last Guardian!

Last guardian is filling the void left by duke nukes forever.

The WiiU is nice and some of the best games currently released are there.
    But the 3DS is something else entirely, a truly great machine, get the 3DS:XL and you won't regret a thing.
    And, if you shop around, keeping the eyes on the preowned marketplaces, you'll pick one up for a good deal less than the rrp of around €220.

link

other link

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Last guardian is filling the void left by duke nukes forever.

Boards needs to have a Thumbs Down option. :P
    The WiiU is nice and some of the best games currently released are there.
    But the 3DS is something else entirely, a truly great machine, get the 3DS:XL and you won't regret a thing.
    And, if you shop around, keeping the eyes on the preowned marketplaces, you'll pick one up for a good deal less than the rrp of around €220.

link

other link

I was debating the same recently. I'm thinking of picking up a PS4 and WiiU later this year or early next. PS4 hopefully because The Last Guardian will be coming out for it (among other reasons). Looking at some videos of Mario 3D World, it has swayed me towards a WiiU rather than a 3DSXL (and also got me back playing Galaxy 2).

Does anyone know if there's a new F-Zero coming to WiiU? Would prefer that than MK8 if there's a choice.

Advertisement