Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U / Nintendo general news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No news of fzero but here's hoping for news at e3, would be nice to have one codeveloped by sega again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Between here and reading threads over at neogaf and hotukdeals, it seems Wii U sales are picking up. :)

And I think the Duke Nukem void was filled by Half Life 3/Episode 3.

This day 3 weeks is the ninty conference. Gonna be interesting.

Also this day 3 weeks is the filming of The Wizard 2, aka the Smash Bros invitational. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

4RwVJVW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Boards needs to have a Thumbs Down option. :P

I was debating the same recently. I'm thinking of picking up a PS4 and WiiU later this year or early next. PS4 hopefully because The Last Gaurdian will be coming out for it. Looking at some videos of Mario 3D World, it has swayed me towards a WiiU rather than a 3DSXL (and also got me back playing Galaxy 2).

Does anyone know if there' a new F-Zero coming to WiiU? Would prefer that than MK8 if there's a choice.

No word on F-Zero at all for Wii U or the 3DS and they have said they have no new ideas that would work for F-Zero so nothing is coming, BUT, Ninty lie all the time! I bet the 90min 'show' for a new game(s) they are doing at E3 this year will have StarFox, Metroid, and F-Zero games for the Wii U, as thats what the fans want, they wont sell as well as Mario bla bla but they did say this week that the Wii U is going no where until all the Fans have been satisfied with all Ninty franchises first before they move onto there next system, which wont be for a good few years I would think, so thats good to hear.

I hope a new 3DS revision is announced at E3, yes the 3DSXL is perfect, but, sales are slowing down, and when sales slow down Ninty release a newer version of their handheld. Most likely 2DSxl with 3D? and before anyone says it, no, there will not be a second circle pad until the next gen handheld from Ninty.

Also, it seems like we have been waiting for Miyamoto's new game for longer than a year, more like 3 years to me, bet its nothing exciting, OR its a FPS set in a future Japanese zen garden or something, idk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A 2DS:XL might be a device too many at this point.
    Is there a need for another member of that hardware family?
    The only thing I'd say is that it'll be another 12 months before we see a possible replacement for the 3DS offered up and maybe 2016 before we get to buy one.
    I recently bought a 2DS, as companion to my 3DS:XL, and I'm not terribly impressed.
    It definitely has a Wii Mini build quality to it I don't like, as opposed to the likes of the DS Lite and 3DS:XL solid and beautiful forms.
    F-Zero, way late for updating.
    The Gamecube game still looks fantastic but I can only imagine the landscape whipping by, in HD, upside down as you tear around a race track in the form of a Moebius strip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A 2DS:XL might be a device too many at this point.
    Is there a need for another member of that hardware family?
    The only thing I'd say is that it'll be another 12 months before we see a possible replacement for the 3DS offered up and maybe 2016 before we get to buy one.
    I recently bought a 2DS, as companion to my 3DS:XL, and I'm not terribly impressed.
    It definitely has a Wii Mini build quality to it I don't like, as opposed to the likes of the DS Lite and 3DS:XL solid and beautiful forms.

I dont know, I can see them bringing a 3DSi or something along those lines at E3 or the Tokyo Game Show. Personally, the 3DSxl is perfect in my eyes too, but sure, Ninty are the Apple of their handhelds at the end of the day.

On the next handheld, hmm, yes I think they may have blown their gaming load from the end of 2012 and all of 2013, amazing games came out so maybe yes to seeing the next system at next years E3 and a release in 2016, but I dont know why but that just seems so fast.

The Gamecube game still looks fantastic but I can only imagine the landscape whipping by, in HD, upside down as you tear around a race track in the form of a Moebius strip!

I smell a HD remake of Gamecube F-Zero coming this Summer now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nintendo might keep reusing the same characters but they've worked hard building up a plethora or well loved and known characters over the years which they are slowly adding to. I don't really see what is wrong with them using these characters as long as the underlying games are good. It's not like they are hateful or anything, there's a good reason they are well loved. The people with the problems with them I feel are the kind of immature people that think liking so called adult games is cool or mature. People grow out of that, I still remember my mortal Kombat and ****ty anime phase.

Playing that Sony all stars game highlighted just how much Nintendo are ahead in that regard. Where smash bros has so many characters to choose from most only appear as cameos Sony's game really struggles for recognisable characters with most of the cast made up by generic action men.

In case you were referring to me, I just want to say I strongly disagree. I absolutely do not want more "mature" games from Nintendo to replace their current colourful lineup, I'd just like some more Nintendo characters and game series to surprise me. It's like how I love Pixar films, but I'm glad they made The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up, Wall E and so on and not just Toy Story sequels, Bug's Life sequels and Monster's Inc sequels.
    Miyamoto is apparently back supervising all wiiu internal development. Must be desperate when they bring him back. I'd say he's working on some new weird stuff.

That's good news. I don't think Miyamoto has ever worked on a bad game, I'd love to hear some announcement of their plans this year at E3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also, it seems like we have been waiting for Miyamoto's new game for longer than a year, more like 3 years to me, bet its nothing exciting, OR its a FPS set in a future Japanese zen garden or something, idk.

He's not been the creative lead on a game since Pikmin and has only been in an advisor role or training in the new talent since then.
    C14N wrote: »
    In case you were referring to me, I just want to say I strongly disagree.

Sorry wasn't aiming that at you. My rant just spilled over into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Moebius strip?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's the one baby.
    But the FZero one will have more space stuff and an impossible story mode!

• Advertisement

That's the one baby.

I got no where in the GX story mode. I remember at the games release there was a poster here called rollertoast that managed to beat it. The advice he gave was better than any of the faqs. A god like man that we should all aspire to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I got no where in the GX story mode. I remember at the games release there was a poster here called rollertoast that managed to beat it. The advice he gave was better than any of the faqs. A god like man that we should all aspire to.

You are in for a treat. :)

I linked the right vid this time. CGN is a god at f-zero.

That's the one baby.

I've heard F-Zero GX is insanely difficult, like literally one of the all time hardest video games. I'd really like to get it, not many Gamecube games that I missed out on but that was one of them.

I've heard F-Zero GX is insanely difficult, like literally one of the all time hardest video games. I'd really like to get it, not many Gamecube games that I missed out on but that was one of them.

The regular championship wasn't too bad, but there was a mission/story mode that expected you to be simply flawless.
    They would have been better to have had it as an unlock upon the games completion.

I'm seeing double here, FOUR CIDERMANS

YGn2HbK.jpg

Does it still hold up fairly well today? I might still get it but it'll probably cost a bit as a collector's item by now.

Inever even beat the story mode of GX on normal mode. It was insane. The championship is were the real meat of the game is though. It starts off easy but gets insanely difficult later on when the difficulty level ramps up. However it's a fair hard so it's always a lot of fun. You really go into a zen state playing it.

For me it's probably the greatest racer ever made.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Inever even beat the story mode of GX on normal mode. It was insane. The championship is were the real meat of the game is though. It starts off easy but gets insanely difficult later on when the difficulty level ramps up. However it's a fair hard so it's always a lot of fun. You really go into a zen state playing it.

You got boost power!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Completely agree with this. I consider myself fairly able to be concentrated during a game, but I'll always remember GX for having to be on another plain of consciousness to play those harder levels.

Scarlett Johansson could have walked in naked and I wouldn't have noticed.

I realise I haven't helped peoples impression of gamers with that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

GX was awesome.

Final race in story mode was actually easier than the race before it. Thing I hated about story mode was the fact you were stuck with the falcon.

Grand prix, or whatever it was called was brutally difficult. Took me ages to figure out I had to waste other racers to improve my chances of gold. Wasting them was so much fun too!

Some amazing tracks.

I'm seeing double here, FOUR CIDERMANS

YGn2HbK.jpg

And.... You've lost me!

• Advertisement

And.... You've lost me!

You were double posting again, except this time it was quadruple posting. I think you need to seek some help about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Why all the talk about GX? Is there a new one coming out? :eek: :eek:

Is it the shin'en one that was mentioned last year? I can't see anything on the Wiki page

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Gaahh.. I was excited there for a while.. I should've read back over the thread more carefully. But i skimmed it and then spent the guts of 20 minutes looking for the F-Zero release.. :o
    Couldn't even find trailers for the Fast racing neo one.

And.... You've lost me!

Just joking with you. You had 4 posts in a row like Retro said. Simpsons reference comes from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Being able to make your own vehicles was cool too. And not in a gimmicky way you see in most racers....it was fairly cool in GX.

Awesome game. F-Zero on WiiU please!

Kirby wrote: »
    Being able to make your own vehicles was cool too. And not in a gimmicky way you see in most racers....it was fairly cool in GX.

Awesome game. F-Zero on WiiU please!

Imagine...
    Using the Gamepad as a rear view display, in online multiplayer having your live image broadcast over your craft for others to worship and adore.

Damn it I need this and, even if announced, it'll be 2015 before it turns up!

That's the one baby.
    F-Zero Galaxy?
    Damn it I need this and, even if announced, it'll be 2015 before it turns up!
    I'd be surprised if Ninty didn't announce a game or two that'll be out later this year or early next year that will be games we haven't seen before. They've done that a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Glad to hear that I wasn't crap at the GC game, the game was too hard :)
    Every now and again if I drive too fast in the port tunnel I have flashbacks. To date I have not yet tried to drive up the wall to get a boost, but I guess it's just a matter of time...
    Not sure they'll bother with a new iteration, but at the very least, give us Octoman and Michael Chain as free DLC characters for MarioKart 8, 2 days before E3 so we can all go rabid with speculation for a while.

Speaking of MarioKart, am I alone in hoping that Ninty will repay Pixar for Bowser's cameo in Wreck It Ralph by sticking Ralph and Vanellope into MK8? I love dat big goofy bastad....

Wreck it Ralph was Disney :p

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Speaking of MarioKart, am I alone in hoping that Ninty will repay Pixar for Bowser's cameo in Wreck It Ralph by sticking Ralph and Vanellope into MK8? I love dat big goofy bastad....

Sugar Rush course DLC? MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTY!!!
    sugar-rush.jpg
    Wreck it Ralph was Disney :p

Disney Animation, Pixar, it's all one big John Lasseter shaped thing these days!

Advertisement