Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U / Nintendo general news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It'll pprobably find its way into Disney Infinity instead.
    Man, that game is unpopular.
    I have it but never played it.
    But I'm waiting for the Lone Ranger set to get cheaper, loved that film. An unpopular opinion indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I liked Lone Ranger too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Everyone knows Ralph is a playable character in Sonic Racing Transformed, right? Can't have him sleeping around all the kart racers, he'll get an awful reputation altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wreck it Ralph was Disney :p
    Man, ever since Lasseter took over Disney animation, all of their cartoons are Pixar in my eyes. Except the **** ones. That's right Tinker Bell & the Angry Bear's Shoe, I'm looking at you.

Edit : You can play Ralph in Sonic???? *cancels pre-order*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Now I'm glad I have that free copy of Sonic and Sega racing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

C14N wrote: »
    Now I'm glad I have that free copy of Sonic and Sega racing.

I have it a long time but could never get into it, I actually had more fun with the Vita edition tbh.
    It improved some with my Giotek WiiU controller though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I put 40 hours in all star racing transformed , its a incredible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I agree, fantastic game. Reminded me more of Diddy Kong Racing though than Mario Kart which isnt a bad thing. Its not as easy to get into as Mario Kart but very rewarding when you give it the time it deserves.

edit.. What were the sales like for it? I doubt a patch on Mario Kart but I'm just curious as it made an appearance on pretty much everything including the Vita and Wii U!!

Now, Diddy Kong Racing, there was a game.
    I sunk 40 odd hours into the story mode on that one.
    I still have it too, on the N64 and DS.
    Another game that'll never be updated, thanks to Rare heading off to MS to make... nothing of consequence.

Another game that'll never be updated, thanks to Rare heading off to MS to make... nothing of consequence.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Its one were the difficulty was there and it was so close to the point of frustrating without crossing the line meaning you just wanted to keep going until you finished it. Hard to get that difficulty right but they got it spot on imo.

And your right its a big shame it'll probably never see a sequel.

On the plus side Mario Kart 8 is coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's better than MK8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I preferred it to Mario Kart, it looked great and whenever I think of it the music from the very pretty Snow/Christmas themed level pops into my head.

I agree, fantastic game. Reminded me more of Diddy Kong Racing though than Mario Kart which isnt a bad thing. Its not as easy to get into as Mario Kart but very rewarding when you give it the time it deserves.

edit.. What were the sales like for it? I doubt a patch on Mario Kart but I'm just curious as it made an appearance on pretty much everything including the Vita and Wii U!!

I think sega said it sold over a million , could be 2 million now

COYVB wrote: »
    It's better than MK8

Probably but what will sell better. Plus I'm crossing my fingers for a really good online community due to popularity.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    I preferred it to Mario Kart, it looked great and whenever I think of it the music from the very pretty Snow/Christmas themed level pops into my head.

I also preferred DK Racing. This was also in the age of 4 player split screen. Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Diddy Kong racing was great, but maintaining this off-topic vibe and going back further, anyone remember this Mario-Kart-with-combat style game?

street_racer_hodja.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Street Racer, there's a blast from the past I completely forgot about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It wasn't very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, it was fairly fun in multiplayer, but otherwise it was too much of a tryhard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

loved street racer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Let's not forget Cel Damage: a game I don't remember hearing mentioned by anyone for the last decade or so yet for some reason just received a multi-format HD re-release!

I do have moderately positive memories of Speed Freaks - some great shortcuts in that game!

None of them are a patch on ...

POWER DRIFT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

May not be the best kart racers, but Wai Wai Racing on the GBA holds some pretty fond memories for me. First game I played on the GBA and I already have the title tune stuck in my head again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Kinda off topic here, I've been following this thread for months, but am I the only one who gets a little kick out of the thread title? It's super tabloidy, it makes no sense, love it.

Something else is love to see on the WiiU, in a racing vein, is Track Mania, I think a live track editor would be brilliant and the relatively close online community would be perfect for uploading your creations to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Rock n Roll Racing trumps all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I want to see Last Story 2 announced. The polish a sequel could bring to the ideas brought forward in the first game have the makings of a classic.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I want to see Last Story 2 announced. The polish a sequel could bring to the ideas brought forward in the first game have the makings of a classic.

Last story was actually my favourite out of the operation rainfall 3. Its flawed but my god did it leave an impression on me, had alot of love and great moments also the music was superb.

A game that never really gets any mention at all really is also pandora tower, that game was just as imaginative as a aaa blockbuster title.

wish alot more people would of played it , they would see just how much diverse the 3 titles were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Let's not forget Cel Damage: a game I don't remember hearing mentioned by anyone for the last decade or so yet for some reason just received a multi-format HD re-release!

I do have moderately positive memories of Speed Freaks - some great shortcuts in that game!

I didn't think anyone else had Cel Damage. I got it on Gamecube when I was about 10 as part of a "Buy 2 games, get a 3rd free" offer at Smyths at the time.

• Advertisement

I have the GC version too oddly enough, think it was a Christmas present. Gave it a curious hour or two but can't say it made a particularly strong impression either way. Was genuinely baffled when I saw it was receiving a re-release: of all the games ever released and subsequently neglected, it's a bizarre one to re-release!

Advertisement