Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U / Nintendo general news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Devil's Third is about as chilidish as the latest CoD or GTA game but at least it knows it and openly enjoys itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What's the craic with the new Fatal Frame I thought i saw in gamestm?

Are we gonna see that here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It fecking better although with 4 missing out on a Western release there's a chance it won't

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

NNNNNGGGGGHHHH!!!!! :P :)

Rrrreeaallllyyy annoying commentary, best just muted and listening to some music for full affect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But we did get the Project Zero 2 remake and the 3DS game. At least Europe got the remake. :)
    Also since it's now a Nintendo franchise, more or less, there's a better chance

• Advertisement

Eh? Is it any good on 3DS?

How did i miss that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really like the art style in the wooly Yoshi game. But I'm not sold on the actual game. The mechanic of throwing eggs always felt a little off to me. Like it slowed down the game a little too much.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Eh? Is it any good on 3DS?

How did i miss that?

You probably researched it by now but it's Spirit Camera:The Cursed Memoir and it's more of a spinoff
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_Camera:_The_Cursed_Memoir

Never played any of the games but don't think this got great reviews

Oh yeah, I saw that a while ago in Gamestop and figured it was some sort of cheap clone because it looked a bit rubbish!

I played the original on the old xbox. Scared the jesus out of me. The Wii one is one of the few wii games i still want to get. Anytime I've seen it it's still over 30 quid, though.

The camera gimmick with the gamepad would (could) be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

So i've had the WiiU for the past 8 or so months now. I've bought Monster Hunter, Mario Kart, Zelda WW, and Super Mario World 3D.
    Have to say, I'm hugely disappointed with the console all around. I've probably used it more as a remote to turn on the TV, then as a gaming console.
    When I look at games coming for the WiiU, nothing really interests me hugely, other then Smash Bros.
    Think it's time to sell it off and look at the PS4's/Xbox One's. What's the going rate for a second hand WiiU console, does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Mister Man wrote: »
    Think it's time to sell it off and look at the PS4's/Xbox One's. What's the going rate for a second hand WiiU console, does anyone know?

Going rate is roughly on Adverts.ie.. Hard to say, with games, and condition, and if it has original box and any extra's etc..

I am maybe taking your phrasing a bit too literally, but I don't think now is the time at all.. if anything, I think right now it's the best time to go the opposite direction. feck all games, for the other 2, and the Wii U is gaining a little momentum... Maybe (obviously) it's not for you though...

Just as a matter of interest, and I ask this of anyone planning to buy a console, what games are on PS4/Xbox One that would interest you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, and I ask this of anyone planning to buy a console, what games are on PS4/Xbox One that would interest you?

There'll be a good few things by this time next year, on ps4 anyhow. Right now there's still not enough. Would probably just end up replaying Last of Us. But Metal Gear, Grim Fandango remake, Bloodborne...once those sort of things there'll be no looking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Daith

Radiosonde wrote: »
    There'll be a good few things by this time next year, on ps4 anyhow. Right now there's still not enough. Would probably just end up replaying Last of Us. But Metal Gear, Grim Fandango remake, Bloodborne...once those sort of things there'll be no looking back.

Sigh a Grim Fandango remake on Wii U might just make me pick up the console. Unless my ancient laptop can play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CastorTroy wrote: »

For me:
    Destiny
    TLOU remastered
    Bloodbourne
    Battleborn
    Silent Hills
    Uncharted 4
    Far Cry 4
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    Evolve
    Diablo 3

Which are all either not released or available on PC. It could be a while longer before I find the PS4 or One essential for me.

More than likely that will be the day Bloodborne is released :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Allyall wrote: »
    Rrrreeaallllyyy annoying commentary,

You were not wrong, I hope nobody is paying them for this, they can't even keep their voices/audio at a consistent level :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Miyamoto has done a interview with edge magazine recently and pretty much said he does not want to make games for casuals anymore

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendos-miyamoto-doesnt-want-to-make-games-for-p/1100-6421955/

now while casuals has been shape into meaning no blood , nudity or not dark and gritty makes your games for kids I am assuming the more passive games like wii fit , wii music is not on miyamoto mind as he feels he does not want to makes games for people who wont be there in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

New 3ds, but I am a bit disappointed. Why they did not just got a same circle pad on other side...

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qdn0zq/new-nintendo-3ds-debut-trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

New 3ds, but I am a bit disappointed. Why they did not just got a same circle pad on other side...

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qdn0zq/new-nintendo-3ds-debut-trailer

I'm also disappointed by the second stick.

That said as a few others have already said if there's a Zelda one I might just have to pull the trigger particularly as I don't own any form of 3DS yet. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The second stick looks like a fairly miserable addition, a strange compromise on what is actually being requested (a proper dual stick version). Looks like a smaller version of the analogue nub on the PSP, which was always a weaklink on that console.

But who knows, will wait and try it before making a definite conclusion. Doesn't look promising though.

I really love 3DS and 3DS xl design and it breaks my heart to use the circle pad pros on them. I was looking forward to a proper 2 circle pad 3ds xl. So yeah, disappointed to 11.

I know we need to see it and feel it first, but as Johnny said, it doesn't look promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I really love 3DS and 3DS xl design and it breaks my heart to use the circle pad pros on them. I was looking forward to a proper 2 circle pad 3ds xl. So yeah, disappointed to 11.

I know we need to see it and feel it first, but as Johnny said, it doesn't look promising.

The big disappointment for me is that there will be games like Xenoblade that can only be played on the new version of the 3ds, which means I will probably end up having to get one at some stage and I just upgraded to the Zelda XL last year.

The big disappointment for me is that there will be games like Xenoblade that can only be played on the new version of the 3ds, which means I will probably end up having to get one at some stage and I just upgraded to the Zelda XL last year.

What now? Why only new one? That sounds odd.

I could be wrong but i read somewhere that games will work on other 3ds but they wont have the graphical boost

I could be wrong but i read somewhere that games will work on other 3ds but they wont have the graphical boost

So wait, this new 3DS is actually updated stronger hardware, not just redesign?!

So wait, this new 3DS is actually updated stronger hardware, not just redesign?!

yeah it has a more powerful cpu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

yeah it has a more powerful cpu

And a RAM upgrade too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well if I ever do get around to buying a 3DS I'll be picking that one up.

Nintendo really don't help themselves with naming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tok9 wrote: »
    Well if I ever do get around to buying a 3DS I'll be picking that one up.

Nintendo really don't help themselves with naming.

Ah now what about Wii U?

Oh wait. Carry on.

Advertisement