Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a game for PS4

• 17-01-2014 6:28pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi. I want to buy a Playstation 4 game for my 26 year old brother but haven't a clue what to choose.

The type of games that I know he likes are:
    FIFA (has for PS4)
    Tiger Woods
    GTA
    Battlefield (has already asked for this, I want to get another one in addition to it)
    Skyrim
    Need for Speed (has for PS4, likes it a lot but isn't mad into racing games)
    The new Tomb Raider one

He got Killzone for Christmas and returned it and I also know that he played Assasin's Creed to death on the Xbox and isn't keen on it anymore.

If anyone could suggest something based on the above I'd appreciate it. I don't care what style of game it is, just something he might like. Thanks :)

Alternatively, if there is some accessory I could get that you'd recommend? I got him a stand/charger thing for his XBox controllers before and he liked that...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If he likes sports games maybe NBA 2K14 or Madden 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

Well forget GTA it is not on the next generation consoles.

Fifa really looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Better off getting him a PSN voucher for €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Right now the good games are coming in the summer. They are The Division, Destiny, Unfamous second son to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah or 1 year sub to PlayStation plus would be better?

You need it to play online multiplayer on PS4....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Right now the good games are coming in the summer. They are The Division, Destiny, Unfamous second son to name a few.

Infamous and Thief will be out around March and Feb. The next gen version of Tomb Raider is out at the end of the month, same game as the PS3 version but looks much, much better and cheaper than full price games.

The Division is pushed back to 2015 sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Infamous and Thief will be out around March and Feb. The next gen version of Tomb Raider is out at the end of the month, same game as the PS3 version but looks much, much better and cheaper than full price games.

Really? thats a shame as I quite looking forward to it. I guess another year then.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

If he likes sports games maybe NBA 2K14 or Madden 25?
    Thanks for the suggestions. I *think* the only sports games he plays are FIFA and Tiger Woods. He used to play wrestling games when he was a kid too. But I'm not sure he'd be into basketball or american football games as he's not really interested in those sports in real life. If only there was a Gaelic football game :P
    Well forget GTA it is not on the next generation consoles.

Fifa really looks good.
    Thanks. I knew GTA wasn't available, just putting it out there as idea of what he likes. He has FIFA and loves it. Looks the same as on the XBox to my untrained eye though!
    Thanks, this is a great suggestion.
    Fieldog wrote: »
    Yeah or 1 year sub to PlayStation plus would be better?

You need it to play online multiplayer on PS4....
    Thanks, also a great suggestion.

Will defo get him Tomb Raider when it comes out. We played this all the time as kids and it's a great game. The new one on the XBox was great.

I've literally just heard him saying to his friend that he only has one controller and he's going to buy another one when he gets paid, so I think I'll get him that since he seems to want one and they're about the same price as a game. Thank you all for your suggestions. I've some great ideas for when I next need to buy him a present :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that Tomb Raider game is the same one as the xbox 360 version so don't get him that if he has played it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Skerries wrote: »
    that Tomb Raider game is the same one as the xbox 360 version so don't get him that if he has played it
    Ok thank you, didn't realise that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The tomb raider single player is only ten hours at most and after that it doesn't have really much more to it.The multiplayer is crap and just isnt worth spending 60 quid on it imo.

Thief is coming out in February

Advertisement