Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed increase question

Options
  • 17-01-2014 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

I have been a broadband customer since '08 initially I was a 3mb (max available) package but had to be downgraded to 2md due to stability issues . Since then I got a letter stating that my broadband was upgraded to NGB, up to 8mb. 
    I was wondering should this mean I might be able to have my download speed increase? My current stats are below.

Regards,
    Tony

Link Rate
    2048 Kbps
    256 Kbps

Line Attenuation
    49.5 dB
    29.5 dB

Noise Margin
    21.9 dB
    30.0 dB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I have been a broadband customer since '08 initially I was a 3mb (max available) package but had to be downgraded to 2md due to stability issues . Since then I got a letter stating that my broadband was upgraded to NGB, up to 8mb. 
    I was wondering should this mean I might be able to have my download speed increase? My current stats are below.

Regards,
    Tony

Link Rate
    2048 Kbps
    256 Kbps

Line Attenuation
    49.5 dB
    29.5 dB

Noise Margin
    21.9 dB
    30.0 dB

Hi anthony4335

Reduced speed for stability issues usually indicated that NGB would not make a difference however I will not know for sure unless I check your line so if you would like to PM me your landline number I'll look into this further for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement