Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insanity

Options
  • 17-01-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

18 years old, want to improve my overall fitness, and body.

Doing Insanity, and also hoping to swim every day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Day 1
    Fit Test

Switch Kicks - 100
    Power Jacks - 44
    Power Knees - 82
    Power Jumps - 22
    Globe Jumps - 9
    Burpees - 15
    Push up Jacks - 25
    Plank knees - 58

Skipped a day due to an injury, ended up with stitches in my eyelid.
    Glutes and quads were in bits all yesterday and today, did a bit of foam rolling to loosen them out.

Day 2
    Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Kept up until the last 2 sets, it got quite difficult then. Couldn't keep up with the ski abs and up-down abs, arms were giving out. Gave it all though which is the main thing. Feeling good after it.

Day 3
    Cardio Power and Resistance

Tough. The v push ups and power jumps were especially difficult. Glad I did it. Keep pushing on.

Day 4
    Cardio Recovery

Intense enough on the leg muscles, but it was nice not to be sweating and shaking all over after it.

Day 5
    Pure Cardio

Worked up a fair sweat. Good workout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

I've just completed Days 1 and 2 ,
    Ok I'm slightly cheating ...in that I'm doing it every second day ,and will continue that for the first 3/4 weeks

reason being ...have been out injured for quite some time .

its very tough going , but actually quite enjoyable ,
    slice of brown bread with peanut butter(organic) and a banana ..........excellent recovery food

• Registered Users Posts: 24,588 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

This is B_Rabbit's Training Log, not a general discussion thread on Insanity.

There are a few of those in the main Health and Fitness forum, like this one

Day 6

The last few sets are killer on the arms

Day 8

Again it's the level 2 drills at the end that are the worst, hard to push through.

Day 9
    Pure Cardio

Day 10

Day 11
    Cardio Recovery

Day 12

I really need to sort my diet out. Too much impulse buying in shops. Have started going gym for weights and am finding it difficult for the last few sets if I do Insanity after the gym, so I'll have to do Insanity first from now on.

• Advertisement

Sustained an injury which is why the blog is down, should be back up and running by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Have you done your 2nd fitness test yet, how did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 peter65

Probably not the right thread for this but do you know anyone interested in buying an Insanity 13 disc DVD fitness set. I've got badly injured on the pitch so it'll never be used again. If this isn't the place for this can I be pointed in the right direction

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭getupthatyard

peter65 wrote: »
    Probably not the right thread for this but do you know anyone interested in buying an Insanity 13 disc DVD fitness set. I've got badly injured on the pitch so it'll never be used again. If this isn't the place for this can I be pointed in the right direction

Thanks

hi peter65,
    have you still got your DVD's for sale?
    send me a PM

Advertisement