Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike trade in for car

Options
  • 17-01-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any car garages that would take a scooter motorbike as a trade in against a car?
    The sisters fella is looking at getting a car and asked me did I know but wasn't too sure.
    He would be looking at a reputable garage rather than a chap with a yard of cats at the side of his house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Always better to get a private sale if you can

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

sell bike buy car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

cococoady wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any car garages that would take a scooter motorbike as a trade in against a car?
    The sisters fella is looking at getting a car and asked me did I know but wasn't too sure.
    He would be looking at a reputable garage rather than a chap with a yard of cats at the side of his house.

I'd be very put off by anyone selling a car who had a yard full of cats myself ;-)

Seriously though I'd be surprised if any car dealer in Waterford would do that. Both bike dealers that I know of in Waterford have no affiliation with any of the car dealers in town so are unlikely to take a scooter as a trade in.

I'd say the only option would be a private sale first.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

The bike itself is only worth a few hundred euro and we were thinking that if a car garage did take em in the trade in value could be worth more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

cococoady wrote: »
    The bike itself is only worth a few hundred euro and we were thinking that if a car garage did take em in the trade in value could be worth more

It never is worth more as a trade in

• Advertisement
Advertisement