Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sign out of Gmail but not lose mail on a tablet.

Options
  • 17-01-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hi, I tried searching for an answer but have had no luck. Would any of you very wise people in here have the answer please? Our little family got a gift of a Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet. I was the first to go checking my emails and now it is permanently signed in. I've read on line that to go to settings and delete the account is one option but I don't fancy losing all my mail. Would any of you know how to do it whilst keeping the account? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Your Gmail lives in the cloud. Just remove the account from the device and your mail will still be available from the web etc.
    Android devices work much better with a Google account associated with them so maybe create a family one like thebradybunch@gmail dot com etc and then any apps or music you purchase can be shared through that account

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Hi, I tried searching for an answer but have had no luck. Would any of you very wise people in here have the answer please? Our little family got a gift of a Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet. I was the first to go checking my emails and now it is permanently signed in. I've read on line that to go to settings and delete the account is one option but I don't fancy losing all my mail. Would any of you know how to do it whilst keeping the account? Thanks.
    You can't, Gmail is an IMAP email service so all mail is stored online - none of the mail at the moment is even stored locally, its just cached so you won't loose any mail if you delete the account so its perfectly fine to do so.

EDIT: Whoops, answered well before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eissboard

First you go to gmail.com and try login. You should be able to see all your emails. If you want to sign out from your Android device, you can go to setttings->sign out. If you can't find "sign out" under settings. you can simply reset your phone. Before doing that, make sure you have backed up all your data.

Advertisement