Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 Feral Cats in house backing on to a house I rent out

• 17-01-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi! Just need some advice re 18 feral cats which roam the back yard/garden of the house backing on to mine. I rent the house out, and now the tenants are threatening to leave because of these feral cats. My tenants have young children, and the cats are coming over the wall every day and littering in the yard and flower beds - some have even gotten into the house. I and my next door neighbour have tried to reason with the elderly lady who feeds cats every day but she won't listen, and says she's not feeding them even though we know she is. My neighbour said he has called in the rescue services, but he said they don't want to know about the feral cats. Some of the cats are in poor conditions. What can I do about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ring the ISPCA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Ferals do their best to stay away from humans, so wouldn't be going into the house, nor would they do their business in plain sight in the garden. It sounds like they're an outdoor colony of this old womans pets who haven't been neutered and are just multiplying so I would ring the ISPCA and tell them that there are pets being neglected, particularly if there are some in bad condition and may need veterinary attention.

Advertisement