Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elective Choice

Options
  • 17-01-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all, I'm wondering about which elective I should pick for the second semester. I'm currently undecided between ACM10060 - Applied and Computational Maths and MATH20260 - The Mathematics of Google. Can anybody who has taken either help a brother?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Cian94 wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm wondering about which elective I should pick for the second semester. I'm currently undecided between ACM10060 - Applied and Computational Maths and MATH20260 - The Mathematics of Google. Can anybody who has taken either help a brother?
    Im in ACM10060 this semester. What is your degree choice, what year are you in? Maths level? That might make a big difference in what you pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

I took Maths of Google before. It was pretty interesting and exam was very easy. Some people found it pretty boring thought. It involved a lot of work with matrices... eigenvalues and stuff. The one thing is, we had a lot of assignments and they were pretty long and challenging at times. Good thing is, once you manage the assignments, you'll have no problems with the exam.

That was 2 years ago though. Perhaps there is a different lecturer now with different material.

Advertisement