Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haven't started study yet, is it too late? and study tips.

Options
  • 17-01-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Basically in a nutshell I have not started study yet. Don't get me wrong I've been doing the homework and keeping up too date with projects and folders but when it comes to study I haven't started. Is it safe to say I'm screwed or is there still hope for me? I'm doing higher engineering, biology, English, construction, ag science, ordinary maths and Irish and LCVP. Was thinking of dropping to ordinary Biology still not sure. All I need is around 200-300 points, is there still hope for me? also any tips/motivation towards study would be much appreciated, should I just keep doing exam paper questions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

There is still plenty of time left.

Be smart about how you divide your time.

Devote most time to the subject you're weakest in OR subjects where you can maximise your points OR subjects where you need to achieve a minimum grade for your course.

Every night from now until the LC itself you should be picking out past exam papers and writing out your answers. I can't stress this enough. Past papers are crucial.

Make sure you acquire any books / internet resources which give "suggested answers" This way, you will get a good idea how to structure your answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

If you start 1-2 months before the LC, there's hope.. given that you're doing your homework, and listening in class. Assessment exams should be an indicator on how you may be doing and what subjects you need to work on and improve. People scrape high points by simply cutting out everything in the final few months and dedicating their time to studying and learning the content asked for in the exams.

If you need motivation, try to put yourself in a hypothetical future scenario - what implications will you incur if you do and/or do not study, and assess what you plan on doing with your life. The final 4-5 months are crucial. Weekend study will probably save you, big time; a mistake people tend to make and leave out.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

Clearly you're feeling the pressure but what's important is that you use that 'adrenalin' feeling pressure brings to motivate yourself. The vast majority of people who attain there courses is down to the fact they constantly feel pressurised and that they can 'do better'.

You do have time, but just don't leave it go any longer. For your own good. :) you really won't have to do this again if you give it 110%

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

Nope, not too late, but not far from being too late to get good results!! Take it easy at first like doing 1.5 hour study a day (including weekends!!!! I usually do some in the morning to get the rest of the day free) bringing you up to the mocks which are kind of important but don't waste your energy with them and focus on the real thing! Between February and April/May gradually increase time spent studying until you're at 3/3.5 a day (which sounds like a lot but on the day you receive results you'll be glad you did!)

Advertisement