Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acestream / Torrentstream

Options
  • 17-01-2014 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Just wondering if anyone can explain how this work? Also what are the legal implications? Looking at it, it offers better quality and more reliable than traditional streaming sites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Just wondering if anyone can explain how this work? Also what are the legal implications? Looking at it, it offers better quality and more reliable than traditional streaming sites?
    I use this all the time, once the configuration is all setup it has so much potentional (for instance, I output the stream from the custom VLC Player to a web link that I can watch on my phone / PS3 / laptop etc. from anywhere and my server just handles the incoming stream) using a link like http://192.168.1.10:8902/TV.asf

Its basically the same as a torrent download, except its prioritised to download the absolutely beginning of the file to the very end bit by bit (since its a stream). The host will record / capture the feed, which is converted to a preset video format that's shared over P2P in Ace format and transmitted for all to view. Generally, there is a 1 minute delay because of this so its advised to start a game / stream about 30 minutes before it starts to build up seeds / peers.

TLDR; Its a torrent you are watching before its completed.

Need help setting it up? I must do up a guide. Perfecting the config is tedious and its a pain with the UPC Cisco EPC3925 but doable (DMZ and port forwarding recommended).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Nolanator Rugby

Didn't realize you could do that with it, looks like a good piece of technology

Advertisement