Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone in glasgow?

• 17-01-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

So im moving to glasgow with the gf in about a month and would love to meet a few peeps outside of the gf. Lovely and all as she is.
    Anyone on here fancy a few beers or recommend anything?! :D
    Is there any hurling clubs in glasgow?
    Oh and what would the best jobsite be over there?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

I've been in Glasgow about 6 months and like it so far. I moved over on my own and I did not know anyone here but it's easy to talk to people here.

I met some guys that are involved in one of the gaa clubs in a pub one day so it should be easy to find out if they have a hurling team once you get here or just google it and try to get in contact them before you come over.

Gumtree is pretty good for jobs.

The nightlife is pretty good over here.
    I'd have no problem meeting for a beer:D

Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bulldozer1

cheers thanks. might pm you when i get there so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Im around 40 min from Glasgow. Im closer to Edinburgh.moved here by myself to my gf around a year ago. Have a good job and friends and even play football for a team but still miss having other irish around.

Count me in :)
    Darren also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

i would say s1jobs.com or indeed.co.uk for jobs. heard rumours of folk having a puck about on glasgow green (city centre park) some sunday mornings. waxy o'connors in city centre is great for meeting irish folk and showing gaa matches. glasgow is great, very friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, S1 jobs is pretty good. I'm in Glasgow also, we could set up the first Glasgow Boards Beer when you're over :)

• Advertisement

great! glasgie beers around the end of feb so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MakeMyFriend

Yeah. Not massive on drinking, though. I might join the Cineworld film club, if you want to come to that. I'm trying to get Glasgow Film Theatre to run a club, they haven't emailed me back, I prefer the GFT to be honest, nicer place.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MakeMyFriend

Also anyone know any chess clubs in Glasgow?

bulldozer1 wrote: »
    great! glasgie beers around the end of feb so ;)

looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

www.whatsonglasgow.co.uk may help you out with your chess club/cinema query. They have a facebook page also which is useful for bits and pieces of info. Hope that helps

• Advertisement

So are we going to set up a glasgow beer night? :D
    IL be over the weekend of the 20th so was thinking the following week during the week or at the weekend , whatever suits people?

So are we going to set up a glasgow beer night? :D
    IL be over the weekend of the 20th so was thinking the following week during the week or at the weekend , whatever suits people?

Ya that week is grand for me. Week or weekend does not bother me.

Anyone around for couple of pints now?! In the tennants bar on me own!

Anyone around for couple of pints now?! In the tennants bar on me own!

On Byres road? I live a few minutes walk away from there, a bit more notice next time and I'm sure I'll make it!!!

d_jordan wrote: »
    On Byres road? I live a few minutes walk away from there, a bit more notice next time and I'm sure I'll make it!!!

No prob dude, was just seeing was anyone about. we will have to try get a few more of these boardsies on board for a boards night out! tiz hard to get there attention :)

I'd say just pick a time,day & place. Whoever shows up, shows up

yeah,
    do you know if there is any hurling teams in glasgow? only seems to be football

I don't have a clue about hurling teams here. I know one other Irish guy over here

Advertisement