Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entropay activation and Currys UK online shopping

Options
  • 17-01-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I registered and topped-up card to do some Currys.co.uk shopping (with Parcel Motel). It is still not working today and I wonder what time money need to go to entropay account? Or Enropay is just blocked on currys.co.uk?? Any opinion?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bumping this as I was just about to do the exact same thing !

Anyone have any ideas on the OP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Is the money showing on the card when you log in? I haven't used it in years, but I did encounter places that accepted visa but would not accept entropay. By any chance, does currys.co.uk refuse it because they see an Irish address attached to entropay or is that set as PM too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

dodzy wrote: »
    Bumping this as I was just about to do the exact same thing !

Anyone have any ideas on the OP ?

Maybe try to register with UK address and select to create a GBP virtual card if you haven't done that already.

nava wrote: »
    Maybe try to register with UK address and select to create a GBP virtual card if you haven't done that already.
    I was going to just that but I'm thinking that the source of funds card might have to be registered to a UK address too. I'll just give it a bash and see what happens !

nava wrote: »

Nah, bugger, does'nt work. Feckers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I remember reading somewhere what EntroPay does is basically provide Visa cards issued by the Maltese Bank of Valleta

So Currys probably sees the card as being from Malta and not the UK

I also would love to know of a virtual card that could be used on UK site that only accept UK issued cards. If anyone knows how that could be done it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

I remember reading somewhere what EntroPay does is basically provide Visa cards issued by the Maltese Bank of Valleta

So Currys probably sees the card as being from Malta and not the UK

I also would love to know of a virtual card that could be used on UK site that only accept UK issued cards. If anyone knows how that could be done it would be great.

Not sure if it's still possible, but this could be done with the anpost fx card if you register it with parcel motel (you can probably use any UK address). I've never needed to try, I've been lucky enough to have paypal option anytime its come up:
    Once you have the £ card you need to register online (explained in the documentation of the card) and than in the online interface you can define a temporary address, enter the parcel motel address and voila your card has now a NI billing address.

This does not change the real address linked to the card, so on next load in the post office you won't have problems or need to provide proof. It's a temporary address (well as long as you define it) and it changes the billing address but not the registered address for AnPost purposes or money laundering purposes.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement