Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL

Options
  • 18-01-2014 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi! I Purchased a set of rope light from lidl during the christmas because i thought it was a great deal! €11.50 for something like 12 meters of LED rope lights. Yes please, where can i go wrong. Wrong. I had them drapped over my couch and they over heated and started going on fire. Damaging my couch and scaring the life out of me and my girlfriend. If we hadnt of been in the room im sure the place would of went on fire. I went to lidl and complained, wrote out a formal complaint and everything and the manager assured me someone would be in contact. Sure enough someone was. They asked me to send a picture of my damaged couch and i did. About a week later they rang me and said they wernt going to do anything about the damaged couch and offered me a 25 euro voucher, not for my troubles but for there gratitued? I T

What should i Do??

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the consumer issues forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Registered Users Posts: 13 edx12

Thanks. Sorry new at this

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moyspur

Call consumer affairs in Dublin. Helped me out when I had trouble with a store a while back. They will fill you in on your rights and give you your options. I think they can act on your behalf also.

Advertisement