Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best stick on nails?

• 18-01-2014 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I have a ball next weekend and want dark red nails. Thing is, I spent time at my parents' over Christmas and as usual, my nails have all broken/split due to the lime in their water.

Anyway, I'm looking for simple stick on nails, ideally press on...that will last the night and look great. Not interested in going down the gel nails route.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I haven't used them, but saw a set of red nails in Penney's before Christmas for €1.50. The red colour was lovely. My brother's girlfriend has used them and didn't find them too bad for the price.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'd also recommend the Pennys ones.. I used to use stick ons all the time but I'm currently trying to grow them for my wedding.

I've tried most of the ones you get in Boots etc and I don't really see any difference in quality.. and the glue is just as good as, if not stronger than the Chemist bought ones.

Also loads of cool styles in the Pennys ones.. can't go wrong for 1.50 imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks guys, will drop in to Penneys some night during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Again for Penneys, I wear them all the time. Love the colours, the glue is amazing and the nails stay on for ages. The chemist bought ones aren't half as good.

The only thing about them is that the glue is more runny so can drip off easily and gets messy. After using them a few times you get used to it and it doesn't be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Another + for Penneys own. They're brilliant for €1.50. I can't see any difference between them and more expensive brands ie: Broadway etc. They come in lots of shades and colours too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement