Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving someone else's email

Options
  • 18-01-2014 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where to put this, I opened a new email account a while back and it seems someone in the UK has the same email address as me and I am now recieving his emails as well as mine. I know where he lives what he looks like and even what type of phone he has. So because I know that I'm worried he might be receiving my mail as well and seeing my personal info.

What do I do here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

That's a little strange.
    Which company's providing your email account?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

This makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

Wasn't sure where to put this, I opened a new email account a while back and it seems someone in the UK has the same email address as me and I am now recieving his emails as well as mine. I know where he lives what he looks like and even what type of phone he has. So because I know that I'm worried he might be receiving my mail as well and seeing my personal info.

What do I do here?

Send an email ie...

SNAP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It's a hotmail account, hotmail.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Send one to yourself and see if the other guy replies :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is he giving out his email address wrong? My husband gets emails for someone in America every now and again because they've given out the wrong address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Is he giving out his email address wrong? My husband gets emails for someone in America every now and again because they've given out the wrong address.

No I've gotten Itunes reciepts for payments that have his name and his email (same as mine) on the reciept, He's also on a social network and I'm getting all his notification emails from that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

That's really bizarre. I didn't think that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

That's one for the books.

Maybe he's setup a forward to your address due to a typo ?

I had a situation where someone had forwarded calls from their landline to my mobile by accident!
    I couldn't contact them as every time I rang their number I got me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Get in touch with the email provider. That really is bizzare. I cant see why you would be able to create an email address that already exists. One for the books alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

try postmaster@hotmail.co.uk or postmaster@live.co.uk sounds like a box has left the reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

An incorrect forwarding or typo on his part is most likely

Is it possible that it is was a lapsed email account that got reallocated to you, how long have you had the account?

Have you googled the email and see where it is appearing. Also search for it in the usual places Skype, facebook, people finders etc to see what it might be associated with.

There could be a not obvious difference between the 2 addresses that he has missed - eg 0 for O, dash instead of underscore etc
    Even possible he has a signature or screwed up alias with your email address.

Advertisement