Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing extra Google account from a W7 IE11 pc

Options
  • 18-01-2014 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

How can you remove a Google account from a W7 user on a laptop with IE11.
    A new temporary google gmail account was set up on a laptop which was already used to log in with an existing gmail account.
    It would appear Google is now associating devices including W7 with google accounts, perhaps even if they are logged out of that account.
    The problem is that the newly set up Gmail has become the default login and my friend has to type in the original gmail account user in order to log in every time. It wouldn't bother me but they seem to get lost every time it displays the log in screen
    At this screen there is an option to manage accounts on this device, but removing the new account seems to have no effect on the default log in.
    Attempting to manage accounts within the google account gives no option to remove other profiles other than deleting profiles completely.

Havent really got time to mess around with this as its not my laptop and I don't want to feck up it up for them and waste time repairing it.
    This seems to be only an issue since Google accounts and IE11.
    Any pointers as to how to remove the extra account. I don't think it is merged with the old account, just taking up residence as the default log in whenever signing in to gmail/google

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

anybody come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Ok answered my own question - nothing seemed to work until I did a complete clearout of all cache and cookes etc
    Finally rid of the rogue sign in

Advertisement