Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM can steal cash directly from your account!! BEWARE!!!

Options
  • 18-01-2014 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

So if you open the link below, you can see the background with my experience to the fiasco of a company called eircom.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057077031/2

This company made me to believe that I had my bank account compromised, read here 

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056955436

I made the specific request to my Bank directly that I do not authorise the set up of any new Direct Debits, especially from Eircom. This was in May. I switched banks. So stopped using my old bank. In the mean time Eircom refused to allow me to pay by internet banking. I paid anyway from my new bank to stop the account going into arrears. In the mean time Eircom see fit to charge me a direct debit return fee.

My bank says that there was no attempt to collect from the direct debit. Getting resolution to paying via Internet Banking is still ongoing. 

Now today I checked my old bank account and there is an €80 debit to eircom. This figure is nowhere near the figure on the latest bill from eircom . From what was described by the customer care agent at the bank Eircom have gone ahead and set up a brand new UNAUTHORISED direct debit mandate and collect money from an empty account, putting that inactive account overdrawn. This in my eyes is STEALING and I will be bringing this up further with the bank and eircom monday morning.

If you are thinking of becoming an Eircom customer, beware!!!! I have never had an experience like it.

I have logged an official complaint with Eircom and as usual I am getting passed about from pillar to post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

No response from an Eircom rep..

Getting the same lack of response from customer care aswell. the complaint I logged 10 days ago has not been looked at by anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stezie wrote: »
    No response from an Eircom rep..

Getting the same lack of response from customer care aswell. the complaint I logged 10 days ago has not been looked at by anyone.
    Hi stezie

If you would lie to PM me your eircom account details I will of course look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

PM replied to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stezie wrote: »
    PM replied to

Hi stezie

Just reporting back to let you know I'm still looking in to this and will keep you updated.

Many thanks

Al

Advertisement