Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Website

• 18-01-2014 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

So i have this domain that is gaa football related.
    I can build a pretty decent magazine type site as web development is the day job.
    I was thinking of building a football site with articles, match reviews and news about football in general.
    Where i hit a road block is content.
    So im putting it out there to anyone who would like to get involved and actually produce content regularly and potential grow the site into something useful and that people would visit on a regular basis.
    I was thinking that the ideal people to get involved would be students of journalism or related who where looking for sites or platforms to show there talents of. Also for people who can write and passionate about football.

My aim if i got a fair amount of interest would be to have a site up and running for the championship. Im doing this more to improve my own skills, portfolio and to basically have abit of fun and see where it goes. I have hosting and all the infastructure needed. I just need interested people.
    Any potential money thru advertisement would be shared equally but i doubt something like this would make much money if any but who knows.

So would anyone here be interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Hard market to break into, alot of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

WikiHow wrote: »
    Hard market to break into, alot of competition.

oh i agree, thats why im gearing this towards students who are studying journalism or to people who have good writing skills.

There would also need to be an intensive social media aspect to it as well.

Im well aware of the difficulty in getting continuous traffic and growth but ive plently experience of the web marketing stuff.

Another issue i have is the use of photos but il cross that bridge when it comes. Just gauging interest here as this is quite a popular section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

What issue have you with photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

WikiHow wrote: »
    What issue have you with photos?

copyrights and licenses to use photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kevboom

One of the big problems would be copyright issues with photo's as I have found that out with sites I've run in the past. It's possible to use sportsfile etc to pay for images but they can be extremely expensive. What's the domain name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 jalock20

I'd be interested in helping out. Admittedly I'm not a current journalism student but hoping to do some kind of a postgrad in it. I have a blog with sports related stuff on it (its gone quiet lately, busy final year in college).

Here's the link if ya want a look (for the mods: not trying to promote myself just helpin out)
    http://jaoloughlin.wordpress.com/author/jalocky5/

Advertisement