Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Bray

• 18-01-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Our family is visiting Dublin for the weekend... we are exploring the areas which we may consider living and thought lunch in Bray would be a great idea. Can anyone recommend a good, family friendly place for lunch.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The Martello
    Platform Pizza Bar
    The Porterhouse

They are all on the seafront

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hepsie

That was quick - thanks. I'll check them out. We're going to visit the Sealife Centre too while there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

The Barracuda restaurant is in the same building and has a nice menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

have never had a good meal in the barracuda, always bad service. last time i was there in a party of 6 one person got a main course that wasn't even on the menu!

i'd add hollands to the list. does nice pub food and is on the main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Another vote for Holland's - they have recently completely overhauled their menu and it's really excellent quality now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Holland's nice. Also Campo de Fiori opposite the Sealife Centre offer a very nice lunch menu as well.

I have actually made the exact opposite experience to creamy goodness when it comes to the new Barracuda: all my meals with family and guests in the Barracuda were of great quality and the service was always very good.

Having said that, I started going when it was the Beach Hut or House and continued when it changed back to the Barracuda. I am not sure what it was like in the old Barracuda though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Ocean restaurant does a lovely lunch and platform pizza right beside it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't know how people rate Martello or Porterhouse I personally don't find quality of food that good. For pub grub I would also go for Holland's. Had lunch there and was pleasantly surprised.

Also really like Campo De Fiori risto market but it's a bit of a messy/cramped layout for a group.

Ocean Cafe Bar is quite good.

Barracuda is not bad but expensive for what you get. I find them a bit up themselves there. Pity as the view of the seafront and decor is great.

Bray really still needs more food options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Take the road directly facing sealife, to the side of campo De fiori, and there's an Italian deli/ informal cafe which Is an offshoot of the restaurant. Food and coffee excellent, and theres a good selection of wines. Highly recommended:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

damian139 wrote: »
    Take the road directly facing sealife, to the side of campo De fiori, and there's an Italian deli/ informal cafe which Is an offshoot of the restaurant. Food and coffee excellent, and theres a good selection of wines. Highly recommended:D

That's the Campo De Fiori Risto Market.

As I said already I don't really think it's suitable if the group is more than 4 though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement