Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help. Damaged SD Card

• 18-01-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Got this notice on my sgs i9000 this am.

Theres been nothing untoward happening with phone.

Cant access SD card, took it out of phone, switched it off and on and still saying the SD card is damaged:confused:

Any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Where did you get the SD card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dahat wrote: »
    Where did you get the SD card?

Don't remember, I put into my phone about 3 years ago and never had a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

vicwatson wrote: »
    Got this notice on my sgs i9000 this am.

Theres been nothing untoward happening with phone.

Cant access SD card, took it out of phone, switched it off and on and still saying the SD card is damaged:confused:

Any help please?

put the sd into your pc, cancel the 'format' message.
    check in My Computer what drive letter the card is

You can attempt to fix it using the desktop windows' built-in chkdsk utility.
    Open up command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe) and type
    chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>

eg if the SD card shows up in My Computer as D:\ drive, use the following command:
    chkdsk /X /F D:

this will allow you to copy the contents of the sd card to a folder on your pc, then format the card, copy the contents back to it & put it back in the phone

eg if the SD card shows up in My Computer as D:\ drive, use the following command:
    chkdsk /X /F D:

this will allow you to copy the contents of the sd card to a folder on your pc, then format the card, copy the contents back to it & put it back in the phone

Will try that and post back thanks

chkdsk /X /F D:

This seems to have done the trick for me so thanks an absolute million.

A couple of apps are showing as grey still but I'll reinstall them.

Thanks v much again for help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

no probs - glad you were able to get it sorted.

same happened to me.

the 32GB sd I had in my original note (n7000), I now use it in my note3 (n9005)

since I put the card into the note3 this has happened twice - I fear the card may be on the way out :(

at least I was able to access the card & copy all my files to the pc
    I only keep photos & music on the card anyway - with 32GB in the phone there's no need to transfer apps to the sd card.

Advertisement