Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crankset / Bottom Bracket Question

• 18-01-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I want to change my crankset as its worn. I have a Scott S40 with a Truvativ 07BB with 108mm Spindle and 68mm shell width according to the Spec. The crankset is a truvativ ISO flow C2.1 34/50.

If I buy a new crankset do I have to buy a new Bottom bracket? I am looking at Tiagra 4600 crankset with Shimano 4600 BB.

How do i know this BB will fit the bike?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kaiserkel

Anyone got any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Yes you'll need a new BB. Your old BB/chainset is a JIS square taper type, and a Tiagra 4600 chainset/BB is an Hollowtech II external bearing BB style.

If you want a compact chainset/bb though, have a look for the Truvativ Elita chainset on chain reaction. It's 48/34 and comes with a BB for around 35 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kaiserkel

Thanks for the help - looking for a standard.

Advertisement