Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Aston Villa 17.30 hrs Sky Sports 1

• 18-01-2014 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool who at home have failed to win just one game all season play a Villa side who tend to do better on the road, Sturridge is back though whether he'll start is perhaps open to question - springing him for the last 30 might be a canny move.

On the injury front Sakho might be back in the starting 11, not sure about Allen.
    Flanagan, and Enrique are back in a couple of weeks. Agger about a month.

Villa have two loan signings who could both play - Grant Holt from Wigan and Chelsea left back Ryan Bertrand, they are missing Baker who took a knock to the head in the last game plus longer term injuries to Okore, Kozak, Herd, N'Zogbia

Form guide
    LFC WWLLWW
    Villa LWDLLL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

We want Super-Rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Following last weeks antics at Stoke, Liverpool welcome Aston Villa to Anfield.

The visitors find themselves 5 points off the relegation zone and manager Paul Lambert could find his job in jeopardy if they lose todays game. Villa have a glimmer of hop as last seasons top scorer Christian Benteke ended his scoring drought in the home defeat to Arsenal on Monday night, and lets face it he destroyed the Chrismas champions defence in the reverse fixture last season.

However Liverpool just cannot stop scoring this season, especially at home where Luis Suarez has scored 345 goals in 10 games this season, and with the scoring return of Daniel Sturridge and continuing good form of Raheem Sterling, they are odds on to win todays fixture.

Liverpool welcome back Joe 'Xavi' Allen and Mamadou Sakho from injury, while Jon Flanaldinho, Jose Enrique and Daniel 'made of glass' are all out injured for the foreseeable.

Villa are missing Libor Kozák who broke his leg agaist the Gunners and Nathan Baker.

Prediction.

Liverpool win 5-1.

Mike got there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

bryannolnekf-e678f7d6-original.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Mike would want to start getting with the program round here :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Two threads merged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool to win twice! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Mike has a pretty good record too tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I think Villa will get the win here. 3-1. Benteke (2) to rediscover his form after getting on the scoresheet against Arsenal and Agbonlahor.

• Advertisement

Now that's the threads have been merged i just look indecisive.......

I think Villa will get the win here. 3-1. Benteke (2) to rediscover his form after getting on the scoresheet against Arsenal and Agbonlahor.

This perfectly possible for this to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool to win twice! :pac:

A real 6 pointer. Top when we win so.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

4-1 to LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Last week i went with a 20-9 win for stoke ;)

So this week i will go with a 10-21 Villa win :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't see anything but a comfortable Liverpool win. Would hope that Villa put up a good fight for the neutral to maintain a bit of interest.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I love your confidence lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Suarez could do anything today. Eek!

Suarez 6 Villa 0

JPA wrote: »
    Suarez could do anything today. Eek!

Suarez 6 Villa 0

Unfortunately thats also part of the problem with Suarez!! Suarez 8 Aston Villas Fabian Delph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I would take a 1-0 win for Liverpool. Hopefully Sturridge starts with Suarez.
    Could be a tricky match.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately thats also part of the problem with Suarez!! Suarez 8 Aston Villas Fabian Delph.

In fairness he has not done one single thing this season that could be even labelled as slightly controversial.

He has let his ability and football do all the talking :)

Agueroooo wrote: »
    In fairness he has not done one single thing this season that could be even labelled as slightly controversial.

He has let his ability and football do all the talking :)

He's only played 16 games since his last 10 match ban.

He's only played 16 games since his last 10 match ban.

Yep and scored 22 league goals :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I would take a 1-0 win for Liverpool. Hopefully Sturridge starts with Suarez.
    Could be a tricky match.

When was the last time we won 1-0? 3-1 Liverpool.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

With Suarez and Sturridge playing I feel we can beat anyone. Think Benteke will defo be a handful today but we should win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Expect Liverpool to win but hopefully Benteke regains some confidence and gives there defence a hard time. If he has, then I can see something like 3-2. If Benteke plays poorly 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

matrim wrote: »
    Expect Liverpool to win but hopefully Benteke regains some confidence and gives there defence a hard time. If he has, then I can see something like 3-2. If Benteke plays poorly 3-0
    If Benteke gets a sniff of the ball then we could very easily concede. I think our full strength attack should be enough to get us through, although I wouldn't be surprised if the scored was close enough.

I'm really worried about todays game, we had a lot of trouble with villa last season.

Can see Villa scoring at least 1 if not 2 goals today.

Liverpool will need at least 3 imo

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Didn't villa sign Grant Holt? Him and Benteke could cause us problems if they are paired at any point. Hopefully a routine enough home win but Villa have a couple of wins at Anfield in recent years.

On my way to the ground now anyway in plenty of time. I'll report back later on any donut sightings.

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

K-9 wrote: »
    When was the last time we won 1-0? 3-1 Liverpool.

I hope you are right. We are playing well at the moment. Any kind of win will do really.

5starpool wrote: »
    Didn't villa sign Grant Holt? Him and Benteke could cause us problems if they are paired at any point. Hopefully a routine enough home win but Villa have a couple of wins at Anfield in recent years.

On my way to the ground now anyway in plenty of time. I'll report back later on any donut sightings.

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!

My Bro is also at the game with his grandkids 5star , he has a good win record too , must be chilly in Liverpool today , Enjoy ..:D

Stargate wrote: »
    My Bro is also at the game with his grandkids 5star , he has a good win record too , must be chilly in Liverpool today , Enjoy ..:D

It's actually been a nice day here. Calmish and not that cold now, but forecast to rain soon.

5starpool wrote: »
    It's actually been a nice day here. Calmish and not that cold now, but forecast to rain soon.

With goals from Suarez Sturridge and Sterling :D;)

My view today. Anything happens down the Anfield Road end I'll get a good gander at it. Still pretty empty as ye can see.

IMG_20140118_161311_zpsmwiouejy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez

Liverpool subs: Jones, Kelly, Lucas, Moses, Allen, Aspas, Alberto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Anyone know if this game is televised? Thinking of heading down the pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez

One things for sure, there will be goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

colly10 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this game is televised? Thinking of heading down the pub
    Sky Sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Dan in Lucas out
    Glen poxed to start
    3 points please
    Anyway at all

• Advertisement

Not really much defensive cover on the bench. All out to get a ball of goals today it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

That's an attacking team. I hope Henderson sits beside Gerrard as I think playing 1-2 with that team will leave us very vulnerable in midfield. Very excited to see that team though, it was what I wanted to see played with Sturridge back.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Clark, Bertrand, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Benteke

subs: Steer, Sylla, Helenius, Albrighton, Luna, Gardner, Holt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Lowton out?? Bugger eally hoped Bacuna would get a run in midfield, his enthusiasm vs Arsenal was key to Villa's 2nd half improved performance. Other than that pretty much full strenght selection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Would have preferred to see Coutinho on the bench and come on in the second half. More effective then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Exciting attack, I fear for us on the counter attack though. Our passing needs to be much better than it has been.

Looking at the Liverpool non existant midfield I reckin Villa could get something.

Either that or Liverpool will score a bagful

:o

That LFC lineup..

I reckon this is what it feels like to be handed a firearm for the first time.
    kinda exciting but you know it can really fůck you up if it goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gonna be ****loads of goals again.

Gonna be ****loads of goals again.

You going to the pub lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement