Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Aston Villa 17.30 hrs Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Suarez running at villa defence and captain fantastic runs right into him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

If Lucas had stayed in the pitch I think Liverpool would have won, good job the chocolate knee is well dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That one is on Rodgers. Picked the wrong team and put the side playing catch up from the start. Took them until half-time to get some momentum back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

jamaamaj wrote: »
    He conned the ref after faking injury and holding his face

No he didn't. The ref made no decision based on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

hope all you neutrals enjoy losing tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

We did well to get a point. Pity we didn't capitilise on that ten minute period after the penalty when it looked like we could score again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Fair result at the end of the day - well done Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Holt is ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He conned the ref after faking injury and holding his face

You do understand the term.... successful.... do you ??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bringing Holt on killed Villa, Alrbighton would have kept the intensity up. Pool were there for the taking.

Liverpool need a left back and a midfielder so Gerrard can be used more sparingly if they want top 4. Spurs can go level on points tomorrow despite being poor enough.

LOL at people saying it was a dive, stone wall peno. Keeper flying at his legs, you are not going to let yourself get hurt by waiting for the worst of the contact (there was some contact).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm a neutral, but i'm glad Liverpool dropped 2 points. Hopefully these 2 points keep them out of the top 4 and the cheat can go ply his "trade" in Spain or somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Arrow.

Good point for Villa.

Pity Liverpool were reduced to cheating to draw. No chance Liverpool will win the title. Third if they're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

****ing typical.

Had the chance to make a gap on the chasing pack and we blew it.

Rodgers fault that. Gerrard is not someone to have as your DM. 20 minues in it was clear something needed to be changed.

Coutinho needs a serious talking to. Cissoko is shocking.

Is the knee lucas injured the same one he tore last time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Starting with no Lucas was an incredibly poor decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

daRobot wrote: »
    Starting with no Lucas was an incredibly poor decision.

i don't think he was 100% fit and was obviously thrown on as he was needed rather than totally ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

4/1 that Brenda calls it another 'Spanish penalty'

Turtyturd wrote: »
    2 points dropped...half an hour to take the points and never threatened.

Yeah, was there for the taking against a poor team. Unlucky Villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'm a neutral, but i'm glad Liverpool dropped 2 points. Hopefully these 2 points keep them out of the top 4 and the cheat can go ply his "trade" in Spain or somewhere.

let it go man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Bringing Holt on killed Villa, Alrbighton would have kept the intensity up. Pool were there for the taking.

Liverpool need a left back and a midfielder so Gerrard can be used more sparingly if they want top 4. Spurs can go level on points tomorrow despite being poor enough.

And man u will be 6 points off 4th with a worst goal difference if they lose to chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

matrim wrote: »
    Holt is ****e

Holt Be ****ty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Haha with so much bitterness in that comment your def not a neutral. Childish maybe

And man u will be 6 points off 4th with a worst goal difference if they lose to chelsea.

What does that have to do with my post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Everton will leap-frog Pool if they win tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Joke of a penalty, Im now joining the hate Suarez fan club, nothing against Liverpool! feels like we lost that game although a draw is a fair result

What does that have to do with my post?

nothing, but if you read his posts you will see the content of the posting :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

2 points dropped for sure for Liverpool, could be crucial come the end of the season.

listermint wrote: »

I understand the term, conning the ref and getting away with it :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Grand scheme of things that's a point I'll take

We were beyond poor in the first and Villa fully deserved the lead they gained on us. Rodgers needs to put his hands up and take the blame for that first half. Gerrard isn't 'quarterbacking it' in the deep lying role, he's out of his comfort zone and looks it. He's better high up the pitch where he can influence the attack and create.

Lucas being injured might force us into a purchase, but it's plain to see that we're not only light in midfield but our flanks are also poor. Coutihno, Sterling, Cissokho, Johnson were pathetic in the first half and only Sterling picked up noticibly with Coutihno correctly taken off. We badly need Enrique back & Flannagan too - that's how poor Cissokho is in my eyes. Back to midfield - we need some mettle there, M'Villa, for the love of god just spend the money on a player of his quality, it's badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

shows how balanced we are with lucas in the side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

obsessed :eek:

I understand the term, conning the ref and getting away with it :confused::confused:

HE GOT A YELLOW..

Have you been watching the match. I am thoroughly disappointed by that response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

COYVB wrote: »
    Yeah, was there for the taking against a poor team. Unlucky Villa

Nothing unlucky....Liverpool were a poor team, and still were most likely to win it in the last half an hour. If Villa can't pick up wins against poor teams they will be doing well to stay out of the relegation battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Thread delivers again. Loving the fake outrage cos it was Suarez. Cracking stuff again. :)

2 points dropped for sure for Liverpool, could be crucial come the end of the season.

Not a chance in hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

COYVB wrote: »
    Feels like a loss, but a point is better than nothing

As a Liverpool fan, I feel the same.

Everton will leap-frog Pool if they win tomorrow.

Yeah but Everton really are on great form, I'm not sure they can keep it up all season. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Spurs haven't been great, manager sacked, and yet a win tomorrow and they'll go tied 4th. More of a worry than Everton I think.

Nothing unlucky....Liverpool were a poor team, and still were most likely to win it in the last half an hour. If Villa can't pick up wins against poor teams they will be doing well to stay out of the relegation battle.

Top half of the league and playing well of late.

I think you are wrong sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Likes talking shyte I think if you have a look back at his posts in this thread. "take that haters" and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Holt really is terrible, really messed up Villa with Agbonlahor went off, all the pace replaced by an insipid cart horse

Sure they're 10th in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

viper006 wrote: »
    Haha with so much bitterness in that comment your def not a neutral. Childish maybe

I'd be delighted if Suarez left and Liverpool won the title next year without him, but he is a cheat. So i hope he's gone at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

LOL at people saying it was a dive, stone wall peno. Keeper flying at his legs, you are not going to let yourself get hurt by waiting for the worst of the contact (there was some contact).

So if 2 cars are on collision course and one moves out of the way is it a crash?

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Holt really is terrible, really messed up Villa with Agbonlahor went off, all the pace replaced by an insipid cart horse

I thought he reasonably okay for a guy so off the pace having not played much. He certainly did nothing to be called terrible. He'll be useful for Villa in slower paced games

HE GOT A YELLOW..

Have you been watching the match. I am thoroughly disappointed by that response.

He got a yellow for time wasting, not for cheating and faking injury.

Have you been watching the match.?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'd be delighted if Suarez left and Liverpool won the title next year without him......

We wouldn't even make the top 6 without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Fair dues to Gerrard for openly admitting it wasn't a good 45mins for him in the DM role, he said he was swamped but tbh he's had two games there where he's not looked the part

Jamie Redknapp - '4th in the league now Stevie, if I offered you that at the end of the season would you take it'

^ He's not the full schilling, mother of god, 'Hey there Steven, y'know that competition you haven't played in for about 5 years...would you play in that again if I offered you a place there now?'

Well done Jamie. Well done

So if 2 cars are on collision course and one moves out of the way is it a crash?

A stupid analogy, one of the drivers could still be prosecuted for dangerous driving if seen by a guard for instance..... The keeper flying out illegally interferes with suarezs run. It should be a peno in this situation even if the player jumps the challenge from the keeper but it won't be given so the right thing to do is take a small bit of the contact and go down.

There was contact, people saying there wasn't are blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Thought it was a peno myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Not a chance in hell

It's definitely two points dropped in terms of the fixture. We should be beating the likes of Aston Villa at home. Didn't deserve to win though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement