Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Triple Monitors

Options
  • 18-01-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So I went and got my self two more 24" monitors. So I've 3x1080p.

I am trying to setup triple screen in various racing sims. Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car etc...

If I place the monitors side by side. 1 on the left, 1 centre and 1 on the right. at flat angles. So L/R are parallel to the centre monitor all looks ok in game.

But that's not how i've seen triple monitors setup in pics for racing sims. The L/R monitors are always angled. I've tried this and various FOV settings but it just doesn't look right.

You can see say the track tarmac grass verge angled changes dramatically when I don't keep the monitors at 0 degrees.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The game must support the ability for you to choose which angle your left and right monitors are set at. A lot of games do not allow for such precise setups and are not great. iRacing on the other hand is and looks and races amazing. Its also got the most authentic racing experience, literally blows all of the other games out of the water.

ignore the edit ,i meant to reply sorry -- Dcully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The game must support the ability for you to choose which angle your left and right monitors are set at. A lot of games do not allow for such precise setups and are not great. iRacing on the other hand is and looks and races amazing. Its also got the most authentic racing experience, literally blows all of the other games out of the water.

ignore the edit ,i meant to reply sorry -- Dcully

I did blow all the others out of the water but not anymore, id argue that assetto corsa is pretty damn close so close infact i find it hard to tell the difference in the physics department and it doesnt cost a small mortgage.
    Game Stock Car also is pretty fantastic.

Both support three screens.

Dcully wrote: »
    I did blow all the others out of the water but not anymore, id argue that assetto corsa is pretty damn close so close infact i find it hard to tell the difference in the physics department and it doesnt cost a small mortgage.
    Game Stock Car also is pretty fantastic.

Both support three screens.

I've just started playing Assetto Corsa properly for the last 3 or 4 hours. Hmmm it really is impressive. The weight of the cars feels great, especially the force feedback.

Hopefully they will allow more precise monitor configurations in the same way that iracing do. This indeed could be the end of my iracing expenses!

It feels like I have a real racing simulator in my house now, Im loving it!!!! Roll on multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm sure I've heard of people talking for an app or setting in assetto corsa that allows you to set up the angle of the screens in assetto corsa.
    I've just started playing Assetto Corsa properly for the last 3 or 4 hours. Hmmm it really is impressive. The weight of the cars feels great, especially the force feedback.
    I think it's the impression of weight transfer that the game does well. I went back to try the rFactor 2 new updates, the panoz and go karts. I took the panoz out of the nords and it was very easy to drive, the way the back came out felt flat and artificial compared to AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm sure I've heard of people talking for an app or setting in assetto corsa that allows you to set up the angle of the screens in assetto corsa.

I think it's the impression of weight transfer that the game does well. I went back to try the rFactor 2 new updates, the panoz and go karts. I took the panoz out of the nords and it was very easy to drive, the way the back came out felt flat and artificial compared to AC.

There is an app, cant remember what its called, simply pick a practice session, any car any track, and start the session. when you are placed in the car, move your mouse to the right of the screen. The apps will be shown, as I said, i cant remember which one it is but its obvious. in there you can tell the sim how far you sit from the monitors and at what angle they are set at...

Simples..

• Advertisement

Ive been playing AC for hours upon hours today, OMG its utterly awesome. I was excited waiting for Project CARS to come out, but this feels way better that P Cars by a long way. IN PCARS defence its got a long way to go and there is a heap more content and it does look better graphically, but its just not got this feeling yet at all. Good times ahead for sim racers. Its about time the graphics finally caught up with the technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ive been playing AC for hours upon hours today, OMG its utterly awesome. I was excited waiting for Project CARS to come out, but this feels way better that P Cars by a long way.
    I never got the chance to try Pcars, it would have to be utterly spectacular to get me away from assetto corsa. I can't even play rFactor 2 anymore.

There is an app, cant remember what its called, simply pick a practice session, any car any track, and start the session. when you are placed in the car, move your mouse to the right of the screen. The apps will be shown, as I said, i cant remember which one it is but its obvious. in there you can tell the sim how far you sit from the monitors and at what angle they are set at...

Simples..

AGHHHHH somehow I missed your post. After hours and hours I finally came across a detailed guide which told me to move the mouse to the right hand side of the screen for the apps to appear. The confusion is because I wrongly thought when it was described as an "app" that it was something through Steam or a mobile device app. I was on the Google Play store searching for Assetto Corsa triple screen app!!

As I'm using triple screens anyway, the far right to activate the app menu is actually quite far away and I never accidentally moved my mouse pointer there, I always hide the pointer by pushing it to the left.

Now I have it sorted its amazing. Everything is in the correct place, mirrors all where they should be in real life, so now when I'm turning into the apex or avoiding the AI who religiously follow the racing line regardless of me presence, I can do it smoothly and the immersion isnt ruined by my brain noticing the angles from each monitor are different.

I really suggest that everyone that uses triple screens make sure they set it up correctly. I've seen so many youtube videos where the triple screens look awful, so shallow an angle and all fish eyed looking.

Advertisement