Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog on M50 but couldn't get near him

• 18-01-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

What do you do in this situation??

I was driving on the M50 and saw a little dog. I tried to approach him from behind but as soon as he saw me he ran in the opposite direction (on the hard shoulder). So I drove around again and tried to get him coming towards me and he was so close but once again he saw me and he actually freaked out and couldn't get away from me fast enough.

There was another couple of guys who saw him further up the M50 and they pulled in but he ran away from them too and into the middle of the road and thank goodness all of the traffic stopped but it almost caused a serious crash (I'm so surprised it didn't actually - total miracle). The poor little dog got away anyway and ran towards where i was pulled in but I knew that if i approached him, he would have been killed in a instant on the M50. So I had to watch the poor little dog walk up the hard shoulder in the rain and couldn't help him.

I rang the guards (couldn't get anyone else on a bloody Saturday) but if they approach him....it doesn't bear thinking about.

So what should you do in this scenerio? I feel just awful for that little dog. He could've come home with me no problem.

Advertisement