Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chi (on Middle Street) restaurant reviews?

Options
  • 18-01-2014 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know Da Tang Noddle house became the Chi restaurant recently. I love the Chi takeaway in Westside but has anyone been to the new restaurant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

It's owned by the same couple, pretty good quality food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

i find westside extremely slow at preparing food. Have often been given 45 minutes just to make 2 dishes (collection not delivery) and i doubt there overally busy. Really need to improve on there cooking speed

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How about you take it up with the Westside outfit? Things won't get cooked faster because you post here.

On topic, I haven't been to the new place but will check it out at some point. I love chinese food me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

biko wrote: »
    How about you take it up with the Westside outfit? Things won't get cooked faster because you post here.

On topic, I haven't been to the new place but will check it out at some point. I love chinese food me.

I have done many times, they just say there busy. Its a topic on reviews are we not allowed post our opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Yes they are a bit slow, but it's a comfort to know that each dish is made up fresh, well worth the wait.........hmmmmm think I know what I'm having for din dins tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They probably are actually busy, it's a popular place. Hopefully this new restaurant will take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The consensus among people I know is that it's not the place to eat if you are in a hurry or starving, or a timely delivery, but if you are willing to wait a while the food is really good.

Since I had one last night and my experience was different I thought I'd pitch in.

I drove up last night around 8pm, didn't pre order as I wasn't sure of the set up(i.e thought there were seats) and thought they may have daily specials listed.

I ordered a Pad Thai, I was literally waiting 5/6 mins. Went out to the car for 3/4 mins and back in and wasn't sitting long.

Maybe it depends what you order as they didn't seem exactly quiet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

OP's asking about the newly opened Chi restaurant on middle street, seems that bit has been overlooked by quite a few posters so I've updated the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

OP's asking about the newly opened Chi restaurant on middle street, seems that bit has been overlooked by quite a few posters so I've updated the title.

This is broads, we can't let facts get in the way of complaining about something barely related to the topic at hand;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

antoobrien wrote: »
    This is broads, we can't let facts get in the way of complaining about something barely related to the topic at hand;)

Broads - home of accuracy

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

This is exactly my experience with all the broads I've met

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

newkie wrote: »
    This is exactly my experience with all the broads I've met

So the consensus is that broads like Chi? Might have to bring some down there so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Mind if I tag along? Could do with a field test... Don't worry, I won't sit with you... I'll be the next table over with my dictaphone and box brownie camera (google it). Ridiculously long scarf and neatly trimmed 'tache optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I noticed Da Tangs absence when I was last home....such a pity...felt very authentic compared to a lot of other "western" style asian restaurants. That said this place could be equally good...haven't tried it so cant say.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mind if I tag along? Could do with a field test... Don't worry, I won't sit with you... I'll be the next table over with my dictaphone and box brownie camera (google it). Ridiculously long scarf and neatly trimmed 'tache optional.

We could do a Broads Chinese .. one table each, none of this saying "are you from the internetz?" :)

Advertisement