Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Defence Recruitment

Options
  • 18-01-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Is there anyone out there who can tell me exactly how the recruitment process for the Civil Defence works? I sent my application form off almost 6 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back as of yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

seanog84 wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there who can tell me exactly how the recruitment process for the Civil Defence works? I sent my application form off almost 6 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back as of yet.

As far as I know there isn't one recruitment process for the Civil Defence nationally.
    The process differs from unit to unit depending on where you are in the country.
    Some you just phone up and join in training the next week.
    Others only recruit once a year and have applications for training programmes specifically for a class of new recruits.

Have you tried following up on the application?..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanog84

19hz wrote: »
    As far as I know there isn't one recruitment process for the Civil Defence nationally.
    The process differs from unit to unit depending on where you are in the country.
    Some you just phone up and join in training the next week.
    Others only recruit once a year and have applications for training programmes specifically for a class of new recruits.

Have you tried following up on the application?..

Yeah I rang about 3 weeks ago and I was just told id hear something when my application was fully checked over but didnt say anything about a time frame or what happens from there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

It may have something to do with Gardai clearance possibly, that process can take quite a while to get a reply back, sometimes several weeks.

Advertisement