Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuze Problem

Options
  • 18-01-2014 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi. I can't download an individual file through Vuze. Normally I just select select Open>URL, Magnet, Hash and enter the hash tag. Then I can 'unpack' the torrent file and select which files I want. But this has stopped working. Now it just starts downloading the entire file straight away. Any ideas? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Selecting files beforehand only works with actual torrent files I think as it already contains the metadata and filelist to select from, if you're using magnet links it has to download the metadata but then it just starts immediately, I usually wait for it to start and then select the files from the contents tab in qBittorent, (been using it ever since uTorrent started putting ads in, I also found Vuze to be horrible to use)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 razor75x

hi all can someone please help me out on this? every time i type a movie to download and i select one using extra torrent the dmload bar appears and i get a fail ! usually these are the best copies and i select them only for them to fail ? i used to be able to download them until 2 days ago . any ideas ? thanks , by the wah when i select ones other than extra torrent i can download them but lots of the latest are using extra torrent and i can't get them .. please help :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Selecting files beforehand only works with actual torrent files I think as it already contains the metadata and filelist to select from, if you're using magnet links it has to download the metadata but then it just starts immediately, I usually wait for it to start and then select the files from the contents tab in qBittorent, (been using it ever since uTorrent started putting ads in, I also found Vuze to be horrible to use)

I've just downloaded qBittorrent. Very happy with it. Everything is so simple. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mr.Torrent

razor75x wrote: »
    hi all can someone please help me out on this? every time i type a movie to download and i select one using extra torrent the dmload bar appears and i get a fail ! usually these are the best copies and i select them only for them to fail ? i used to be able to download them until 2 days ago . any ideas ? thanks , by the wah when i select ones other than extra torrent i can download them but lots of the latest are using extra torrent and i can't get them .. please help :(

Pm me if your still looking for help! :)

Advertisement