Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA 2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Just giving this a bump
    Pronator wrote: »
    BHAA - Bank of Ireland cross country race.

Bank of Ireland will host a cross country race on November 8th in the ALSAA sports complex, old airport road Dublin.

Registration will be from 9.45am onwards.

There will be a combined start at 11am.

2 miles for woman.

4 miles for men.

Usual prizes for categories and a good spread of food afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I've joined the BHAA for the first time and just wondering what type runners I need.

Would trail runners suffice or would I need to get off trail runners with the bigger spikes.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Cross country spikes ideally. But trail shoes will do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Well done to all who ran in testing underfoot conditions at ALSAA on Saturday morning. It certainly felt much more like a XC than the Castleknock race! I went off a bit quick on the first circuit, and the third spin was dire, but I saved my best lap till last, and finished in a time which was a lot closer to my Castleknock run than I would have expected beforehand. Still plenty of room for improvement though...

Dates for next year's events have been announced....

http://bhaa.ie/calendar-2015/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

The Tymon park xc just after the new year is gone:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dates for next year's events have been announced....

http://bhaa.ie/calendar-2015/

Looks great! Just wondering if the Farmers night race in Malahide is gone ? Was one of the highlights of the 2014 calendar for me

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Disappointing to see that the Tymon Park XC is gone, it was always a great race to start the year with and one I always looked forward to. It also looks like the Farmers night race is gone. Some new races in August and September, a 5k, track race and a 10k/10 mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Caprica wrote: »
    Some new races in August and September, a 5k, track race and a 10k/10 mile.

Nothing confirmed - we need some new race organisers to host these races if they are to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Hopefully some race organiser comes forward in the next few months, they would be a good addition to the calendar. There used to be a good ten miler held a few years back by Dublin Bus (I think) out in Saggart, not sure why it was dropped.

• Advertisement

Details for tomorrow's race in Santry - 11 AM combined start, 6k for everyone this time :)

http://bhaa.ie/irish-life-course-map/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Well that was fun. Was there a dry piece of ground on that 1.5k lap, getting worse with each lap? Lovely morning for a run and was nice cleaning the mud off in one of the temporary ponds after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Great race yesterday - I think it's a really good course but I'll be interested to see how it holds up for the national novice after all the juvenile races - quite a few sections where it'll be difficult enough with a lot of people navigating their way around it.

Advertisement